Author Topic: "New York City" Keeps Getting Reworded to "New York" in <Keywords> Tag  (Read 1380 times)

The Incredible Boom Boom

Yes, I know - weirdest bug ever.
Likely occurs in each "official" multi-value tag, but I haven't tested.

In <Keywords>, if I have something like "keyword; New York City; New York; keyword;", after saving I check the tag to find it's been reverted to "New York; New York;". Like I said, I haven't done much testing, but I can reasonably assume it's not the specific term "New York" that triggers this, but having two almost-matching values in one multi-value tag.

phred

• Global Moderator
"keyword; New York City; New York; keyword;"
Do you actually have the word "keyword" in your list of keywords? And if so, why twice? And if so, why at all? I use keywords all the time and never put "keyword" as a keyword. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding what you're doing, but it makes no sense.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

phred

• Global Moderator
I'm not seeing what you're saying
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

The Incredible Boom Boom

Hmm Well, that's weird.

I noticed yesterday that every track I had put "...; New York City; New York; ...;" in had been altered to "...; New York; New York; ...;"
I clicked on the album I first noticed the occurrence and resaved the tags, but they still showed incorrectly.
Next, I CTRL + F'd and searched for <Keywords> contains "New York" and <Keywords> does not contain "City" and then Search and Replace'd "New York; New York" with "New York City; New York" on all the discovered files and still nothing changed.

But today, it's working properly. The program has been restarted, but that's the only difference. 🤔

"keyword; New York City; New York; keyword;"
Do you actually have the word "keyword" in your list of keywords? And if so, why twice? And if so, why at all? I use keywords all the time and never put "keyword" as a keyword. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding what you're doing, but it makes no sense.

Sorry, the word "keyword" was meant to be a placeholder term, but I can see how it's confusing. Lol I have several keywords ahead of and behind the City; State/Prefecture/Province/Whatever; Country; and thought maybe that was part of the effect.