Author Topic: Re-fetch album and artist pictures/covers  (Read 2489 times)

H-Cue

Yes, I understand. And I dream of the day when I'll manage to get around to fixing all my files and tags... how does the "Files organiser" work by the way?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Yes, I understand. And I dream of the day when I'll manage to get around to fixing all my files and tags... how does the "Files organiser" work by the way?

hiccup gave me a chuckle, but to reinforce his point, the file organization is all done based on tags. Most of us focus on tagging and let MusicBee handle the naming. See the wiki for lots of info on that.

If your files are well-named then you should be able to use the "infer and update tags from filenames" command to populate basic tags: artist, album, etc. From there you can use the auto-tag by album feature to fine tune them. Beats tagging everything by hand, anyway.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

hiccup

hiccup gave me a chuckle,
Good to know that intended humor is sometimes acknowledged and appreciated ;-)

H-Cue

hiccup gave me a chuckle, but to reinforce his point, the file organization is all done based on tags. Most of us focus on tagging and let MusicBee handle the naming. See the wiki for lots of info on that.

If your files are well-named then you should be able to use the "infer and update tags from filenames" command to populate basic tags: artist, album, etc. From there you can use the auto-tag by album feature to fine tune them. Beats tagging everything by hand, anyway.

This sounds like gold right here. I'm going to give this a go soon and will get back to you! Thanks for letting me know about these features! That was basically my follow-up question!

how does the "Files organiser" work by the way?
Quite well I must say.
;D  ;D  ;D  good to know!

H-Cue

So it seems many files have currently 2 "album covers". One correct, one from the "cover.jpg". But I can't seem to find the cover.jpg anywhere to delete it for them all at once. Is it in a different location for portable versions by any chance? What am I missing?

ma_t14

So it seems many files have currently 2 "album covers". One correct, one from the "cover.jpg". But I can't seem to find the cover.jpg anywhere to delete it for them all at once. Is it in a different location for portable versions by any chance? What am I missing?

The cover.jpg is usually found in the same path alongside the music file. But it will only work well if your albums are in seperate folders. It's controlled by this option:

As others have said, better to take some time to get acquainted with the various settings