Author Topic: Converting File Path from two drives for Android phone?  (Read 2989 times)

MayorQwert

Hello! I know you can convert file paths but I need to be able to convert the file paths from two separate drives to the format used by my phone. To better explain, here's what I need to convert:

D:\Emulation\Launchbox\Music\...
E:\Music\...

both of those need to be converted to

/storage/emulated/0/Music/...

I already tried relative paths and a UNIX path convention to see if I could get the E:\Music one to work when it is just ..\Music\, but it doesn't seem like my phone likes relative paths. Besides, this approach still wouldn't work for the D:\ path.

I was hoping there was a way to use the "map base paths in exported playlists" feature, and just use a relative path for that, but it doesn't seem to work that way.
Here's what I tried:

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated! I can always manually change the paths over with an advanced text editor, but having it automated would be awesome since I could bulk export playlists to my mobile device!

frankz

Is there a reason why you're exporting to your device(s) rather than synching?  This path work is done automatically during a sync.

https://musicbee.fandom.com/wiki/Devices#Sync_Settings

Have a wonderful day!

MayorQwert

Is there a reason why you're exporting to your device(s) rather than synching?  This path work is done automatically during a sync.

https://musicbee.fandom.com/wiki/Devices#Sync_Settings

Have a wonderful day!

I sync my music using another program: Synthing. I synchronize my music to a few different PCs and devices, some not on my network.

I'm wanting the ability to pick and choose playlists to export for my phone device specifically. I already have a folder to sync playlists I export over, but I need to have the fold path structure match for it to work.

frankz

I sync my music using another program: Synthing. I synchronize my music to a few different PCs and devices, some not on my network.

I'm wanting the ability to pick and choose playlists to export for my phone device specifically. I already have a folder to sync playlists I export over, but I need to have the fold path structure match for it to work.
Again, MusicBee will sync to your device directly, including the ability to choose which playlists go to which devices specifically, and syncing directly to the device is the way to achieve what you're looking to do (at least for the android devices).  There is no other way to rewrite the file paths to the format needed by the device - another way is not needed because this is the way.

If the other devices are not something you have physical access to, then you would create a virtual device with the settings desired, and then sync to that virtual device in MusicBee, then copy the files using this other method for whatever reason it is you are attached to it.  That should at least standardize the paths to the point where you can convert them to the specification needed in bulk in a text editor pretty easily.

I hope this helps!

MayorQwert

Hm, well I guess I'll just stick with my current method :(

I already got a good system goin' with syncing everything periodically with the software I currently use and don't really want to convolute things with multiple programs if I can help it. The bulk editing with text editor isn't the end of the world, but just hoped the system in MB was a bit more robust with file path changing. :((