Author Topic: Syncing To Android Phone  (Read 272 times)

Flippydude92

I have tried to sync a playlist consisting of 47630 music files to my Samsung Android Phone, which is using an external micro SD 512 gb card. It keeps aborting the sync process right as it starts. Previously before I started using MusicBee, I would use iTunes, drag/drop to windows explorer (total of >=3 hours wait time for file transfer), and then drag/drop from windows file explorer to the phone's SD card directory (total of minimal 1.5 weeks straight through). Doing this, the SD card was already formatted and mounted to the phone for file use. Contrarily I would try the SD card with its adapter and use the method of plugging it into my phone which uses significantly less time for the whole process, but wouldn't exert nearly the full quality (meaning it says it transferred every file but when attempting to load on a music player, a large amount of songs would be not present).

For the sync settings I have on MusicBee, the storage path is to the card (being that it is formatted for use in my phone already), on the fly conversion is set to MP3 with the Maximum quality Profile. The only two checked items in the dropdown are 'force the use of ID3 tags', and level tracks at same volume.

I selected embed both artwork and lyrics. Is there something I'm missing? As I'm sure I'm not even close to figuring this out, I would like to know anything that can help once and for all.

phred

• Global Moderator
Let's start with the basics:
What version of MB are you using? (Help > About)
How was MB installed? (Installer, Portable, Store)
Wired (USB) sync or WiFi?
Does it work if you try a small number of files?
Download the latest MusicBee v3.4 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
Check out the MusicBee Wiki.
How to post screenshots is here.

frankz

• Editor
I'll add "What format are the 47630 files you're trying to convert on the fly to MP3 upon sync?" and "Is there anything revelatory in Help->Support->View Error Log?" to that list of questions.

For example, are they protected files in proprietary Apple format?
A smile is happiness you'll find right under your nose.