Author Topic: Alternate grouping view with a "cover" title  (Read 7486 times)

aktor

I love it and now works fine. The right arrow like the OP suggested, maybe bigger, would be nice. Even better an the option to fill blank space wit artist picture like in artist view with additional settings for opacity and size.

Sofocl

Even better an the option to fill blank space wit artist picture like in artist view with additional settings for opacity and size.
+1
Sorry for my bad English.

boroda

sort by album, group by artist or album artist, untick "show header in separate row". restart mb, it may be important! you will see black squares for empty artworks instead of placeholder images. click on any album (but not on "play" button of album), which doesn't have any artwork. error message will be displayed (null reference exception):

MusicBee v3.5.8281.33217P  (Win10.0), 5 сен 2022 21:00:

System.NullReferenceException: Ссылка на объект не указывает на экземпляр объекта.
   в #=zfmEiYLUoQSKymI9Z$RcWIe4OyM47.#=zzaGLg8BHnV7l$iR18w==.#=zG9cRqfIMcF8KHLYQn$oDeLA=.#=zoCKfmwz3VDw7OF6RqLxSl92E8OeV()
   в #=zfmEiYLUoQSKymI9Z$RcWIe4OyM47.#=zzaGLg8BHnV7l$iR18w==.#=zG9cRqfIMcF8KHLYQn$oDeLA=.#=z9Ps1vCPD0q4ZLLUQzA==.#=zK4$LDQ6shK4P(Boolean #=zzsLJjkQzoX5K, Boolean #=zIyf05bKqydXCCHKVYA==, Boolean #=zCeKsPg1btTgIwBK7aw==)
   в #=zfmEiYLUoQSKymI9Z$RcWIe4OyM47.#=zzaGLg8BHnV7l$iR18w==.#=zG9cRqfIMcF8KHLYQn$oDeLA=.#=z_sn4GDODtSrq(Int32 #=zbQnx3ws=, Boolean #=zOKeNNNzIygLL, #=zoOI1RKg= #=zYP9ApMCvA3Dp, Boolean #=zg3dhzYSzIOld)
   в #=zfmEiYLUoQSKymI9Z$RcWIe4OyM47.#=zzaGLg8BHnV7l$iR18w==.#=zG9cRqfIMcF8KHLYQn$oDeLA=.#=z5VQCsoBU3JDnJM7N7g==(Point #=zG8cGeuE=)
   в #=zfmEiYLUoQSKymI9Z$RcWIe4OyM47.#=zzaGLg8BHnV7l$iR18w==.#=zG9cRqfIMcF8KHLYQn$oDeLA=.OnMouseDown(MouseEventArgs #=zzWv04zI=)
   в System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseDown(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   в System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   в #=z9pY_zgSwCJ4MhF0mLLp2mhg=.WndProc(Message& #=zt3d322U=)
   в System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   в System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   в System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

sorry for posting it here rather than in bug reports board. it seems that this topic is more appropriate.
Last Edit: September 05, 2022, 07:06:58 PM by boroda

Steven

• Administrator

Sofocl

If there is a background image, the grouping fields disappear;
Sorry for my bad English.

iamambuser

Just updated to 3.5.8289 and trying out the album cover grouping feature. Is there recommended font size/album cover size so the album artist name isn't cut off?

aktor

Try 8 albums per row. Font size not an option for now. I hope it would be implemented in the future.

Mr. Trev

Is there a way to return to the "old" view?
I'm not really a fan of how this is displaying my "recently added" playlist - I liked it better with each day on it's own line. Far less cluttered looking

Also it seems the "show header in separate row" doesn't do anything when showing/grouping by date added - maybe the reason i can get the old view, or maybe user error.

boroda

"show header in separate row" can't be changed for auto-playlists, but auto-playlists follow this option if it's changed while viewing static playlist.

Mr. Trev

I see.
I guess I'll have to be the old man yelling at clouds and say the old way was better ;)

Steven

• Administrator
this version should work with auto-playlists and has font scaling in proportion to the picture size

https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee35_Patched.zip

Mr. Trev

this version should work with auto-playlists and has font scaling in proportion to the picture size

Indeed, it does - and much improved IMO.
Thanks

Mr. Trev

Maybe this should be posted in a different thread? <mods, feel free to move if necessary>

Going back on my grouping by date added… Is there a way to change the header to just display a shortened date? I don't need my additions grouped by the exact minute they were added - IIRC it used to just display "today", "yesterday", etc., but a recent update seems to have changed that

Steven

• Administrator
Going back on my grouping by date added… Is there a way to change the header to just display a shortened date? I don't need my additions grouped by the exact minute they were added - IIRC it used to just display "today", "yesterday", etc., but a recent update seems to have changed that
thats an oversight - its fixed now