Author Topic: Artwork? Store More Than "Album Cover" in the Organized Library?  (Read 687 times)

Shepherd Jim

Hi All - I have an Album Cover for every album in my collection. AND, I very often have additional "album graphics" - scans of jewel box inserts and the like, that I would love to keep organized with the music.

Truth be told, I often have full, multi-page liner notes as PDFs. I would be neat to have these stored in some way coordinated with the matching album files.

In MusicBee's track editor in the Artwork tab I note there's a place for a second jpg/graphic file ...but no more.

Failing finding space inside MB's organized area, how have you solved this problem? I currently maintain a complete mirror image of the MB folder structure ("\Artist\Album\"). I keep all the JPGs, PDFs etc in their appropriate folders.

I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Jim
Mid Coast Maine, USA
— old dog learning new tricks ....having a blast !!

frankz

If you add a second picture on the artwork tab, it'll add a third slot below.

If you send your files to an organized folder, there's a check box to also move non-media files like PDFs along with your music files.

Experiment a little, you'll be amazed at what you'll find!

Have a great day!
Last Edit: February 21, 2021, 11:40:25 PM by frankz

Shepherd Jim

Thanks for your response!

I will have to set up some test files and experiment. I always embed the album cover jpg. But, I know that I do not want additional graphics and pdf liner notes added to every file's metadata.

I expect my first investigation should be to determine where MB stores the extra files. I export pretty much my entire library as MP3s to Dropbox for access via my iPhone using CloudBeats. I want those MP3s to be as small as possible to maximize music installed on the phone.

Thank you again.
— old dog learning new tricks ....having a blast !!