Author Topic: Turn "shuffle album tracks" on/off on the fly!  (Read 1297 times)

MayorQwert

Hello a simple request here. The ability to turn on or off "shuffle album tracks" for album shuffle on the fly from the player shuffle settings context menu. Also have this instantaneously implement on the playing tracks queued up, with the current album having the remaining tracks just ordered in their relative positions. If this is changed back to shuffling individual tracks then the individual tracks can be randomly shuffled up again.

My reason for this is that there are some albums that I want to hear through in order, but the vast majority are fine being shuffled. It would be nice to be able to switch between the two states without having to jeopardize the whole queue and change the order of upcoming albums. I've had many times now that an album plays and I want to hear it in sequential order, but there's also a few albums coming up I'm looking forward to and I have to decide to forefit one or the other!

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Why not use the "keep tracks in order while shuffling" setting for the albums?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

MayorQwert

Why not use the "keep tracks in order while shuffling" setting for the albums?
Yes that is a good idea as a stopgap perhaps but I still believe it would be best if you could have the option to switch back and forth as you want, since there may be some times you want to hear an album in order and other times you might not. You might like the ordering you have queued and change your mind, or realize you had it set one way and forgot to change it, in which case you have to go all the way into the settings to change it back, then go and queue everything back up again with a new order, since it doesn't update existing queue.

I just think having this work on-the-fly would be a great boon to user experience.