Author Topic: Expanded Autoplaylist/filter selection - ALL "OR" ANY "AND" ALL  (Read 1034 times)

MayorQwert

Essentially an expansion of current system that rather that just being "all/any of the following" it can be "all/any of these" AND/OR "all/any of these"

So I could say:
            All these: Condition A, Condition B, Condition C
OR
            All these: Condition D, Condition E, Condition F
AND
            Condition X

So it would play all cases where A,B,C are ALL true for a track and likewise all tracks where D,E,F are ALL true, provided they have Condition X true.

Make sense?
This can roughly be achieved currently (and awkwardly) by making 3 separate autoplaylists (one for A,B,C and one for D,E,F and one tying them together, for example). However, current setup means it takes some time to set up and it is not very practical, especially if you want to try a bunch of different arrangements without getting absurd with the number of playlists you're using.

Thoughts?

frankz

Have you looked at using sub-conditions (the [.] icon)?  Pretty sure you can achieve what you want using those.

Match ANY of the following rules

Condition X
[.]  Match ALL of the following rules
     Condition A
     Condition B
     Condition C

Condition X
[.] Match ALL of the following rules
    Condition D
    Condition E
    Condition F

Share your smile with someone today. It may be the only sunshine they see!

MayorQwert

Have you looked at using sub-conditions (the [.] icon)?  Pretty sure you can achieve what you want using those.

Match ANY of the following rules

Condition X
[.]  Match ALL of the following rules
     Condition A
     Condition B
     Condition C

Condition X
[.] Match ALL of the following rules
    Condition D
    Condition E
    Condition F

Share your smile with someone today. It may be the only sunshine they see!

Oh wow thanks! I did not realize this was already a feature! This has been right under my nose this whole time!  ???