Author Topic: Album split by artists  (Read 2467 times)

nemesis

Hello!
here's my issue: I added a video game soundtrack and its a mess i need to figure out how to organize. unlike the other albums i've added , where it stayed a single album with different artists for specific tracks , this one has split the album . What it looks like is that for each different artist I have an album only containing their songs, and all the albums are named the same but not under one single album. I bet there's a pretty simple way to fix this but I I'm new to MusicBee and don't know where to start with figuring out the tagging system.
thanks!!

GermEater

Hey, I'm also new but I've had this problem too. Maybe someone can chime in with other solutions, but here's what I did:

Choose sort by "album artist" at the top left, then make the album artist for all those songs the same. So like "Movie X Soundtrack" for example. Then you'll still see all the artists that are tagged under "artist" beside the song names.

Here's an example of how it looks:

frankz

Go to Edit->Edit Preferences->Sorting/Grouping...grouping...specify how files are grouped to an album

Set your preferences there and then make sure everything you want to be grouped as an album matches those preferences.

Enjoy this wonderful day.  It is a unique moment in time.

nemesis

thank you! I am unsure if there's a way for me to mark a thread as solved/archive it, but that fixed it! I set it to group albums by folders

frankz

No need to mark it at all - it'll just stay here to be ignored by the next 10 people who will ask this same question this week.

“Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.”