Author Topic: Since Upgrading to 3.3.7491, my music stops playing suddenly.  (Read 1129 times)

Casbah

Since Upgrading to 3.3.7491, my music stops playing suddenly. The App seems to be working great but on 3 occasions, the music just stops playing. I hit the play button and it starts right back replaying the song it stopped on. A lot of songs are played between the song stoppage.

Could there be some code or default setting in the app that stops play after some amount of songs (say 100 songs for example) have been played? I looked around in the settings and nothing really popped out.

Thanks, I Love Musicbee!!!

Tom

hiccup

Welcome to the forum Casbah

First I would suggest to update to MusicBee 3.4.
Technically it's beta, but it's solid and soon to be released as the official version.

Secondly, this could be related to security software on your computer.
Be sure to exclude MusicBee from it's claws.

Casbah

Thank you hiccup. I thought about loading 3.4 too but I am unable to find it. I saw Stevens announcement about 3.4 but could not find download link. Any pointers?

Thanks, Casbah

hiccup

Sure,
Go here: https://getmusicbee.com/patches/

MusicBee34 Patched.zip is what you want.
Extract the zip file, and copy the extracted files into your MusicBee installation folder, overwriting the existing files.
(close MB first)

P.S.
You are not using the 'Store' version are you? Then this is not possible.

Casbah

No store version. I downloaded 3.3 from Musicbee's web site mid January. Thanks!

HazePurple

I just updated to WS version 3.3.7491 as the previous verson was crashing while playing a playlist. IS the regular version (non WS) better? More stable?

sveakul

I just updated to WS version 3.3.7491 as the previous verson was crashing while playing a playlist. IS the regular version (non WS) better? More stable?

In my opinion, avoid the Windows Store version like the plague.  Because you can't do manual updates that have the latest fixes/ features, and it's a PITA to try and work with plugins, and it's bound to all kinds of Windows permissions, and forget about easy backups.

Uninstall your WS version, and install the PORTABLE version to a non-system location like C:\MusicBee.  Forget about 3.3x and get the new 3.4x version from here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/wtyvnts1vbcewyz/MusicBeePortable_3_4_RC2.zip/file .  Rock stable, and to back it all up involves copying ONE folder (in my example, C:\MusicBee) elsewhere.