Author Topic: List that combines artists and composers  (Read 1461 times)

so_la_la

I discovered that artists' names are not being proposed by autocompletion when you fill in the composer tag.
I would greatly welcome a list that features persons as composed of 'artists' and 'composers'. I am thinking of a list  where you can combine 'Jagger, Mick' and 'Mick Jagger' easily which is then carried out in all respective tags. Composers and Artists seem to be two diffeent entities in MB.
Music Bee 3; EAC; MP3Tag; Music on Synology NAS 115; Logitech Media Server on RPI 3; RPI 2 with Hifiberry; Poweramp for Android/Lineage

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Composers and artists ARE two different entities. If you're looking for auto-complete, once you've used a value once it will show up in the future. Personally, I don't want my composer auto-complete list cluttered with artists. I especially don't want, e.g., Mick Jagger and Jagger, Mick showing up in the same list. (The latter is more properly a sort artist or sort composer value, anyway)
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

so_la_la

...by "combine" I meant being able to merge two entries. (Sorry for my English.) A list would enable you to do this very easily. I find typing every name again for the "composer"-tag quite annoying.
Music Bee 3; EAC; MP3Tag; Music on Synology NAS 115; Logitech Media Server on RPI 3; RPI 2 with Hifiberry; Poweramp for Android/Lineage