Author Topic: Preserving Column Browser column width?  (Read 511 times)

wasp

This post is about the column browser which I use in most of my playlists.

I find myself having to resize/reset the column browser constantly. Let's say we set the columns of the column browser as we want them to appear with a specific width. If afterwards we resize MB to a smaller interface and back to a bigger interface, the columns stay static and need to again try and find the sweet spot and reset them. Is there any setting I haven't discovered yet?

The "Reset Size" is not particularly useful in this case as it distributes the width of the columns equally. This uses unneeded space as for some columns only  a narrow column is need (for BPM, Year, Key etc) while for other columns a wider column is needed (i.e. for Artists names)

Wouldn't it better to be able to save/lock the column browsers' width/setting for all columns? Perhaps we could be able to save the column browser width (for all columns) -  which can become narrower upon resizing MB to a smaller interface but one we expand the MB interface again, for the columns to return to only the saved width. If we expand the MB interface beyond that, then the main panel columns could expand contract.  Or in some other way that allows the column browser to return to its previous state before the resizing of MBs interface.

I move between playlists a lot and playlists between them have different amount of columns. So I find myself constantly having to fiddle with getting the column browser go back to the previous ideal state I had it (before resizing MB).

Any thoughts on the subject?

Example Clip