Author Topic: Mark band as "listened"  (Read 2430 times)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
And as I said, all the same layout options are available for playlists as for the library. If it looks different to you it's because the settings are different. You can change that. The info you need is in the wiki.
You're talking about layout inside a current playlist. I'm talking about Thumbnail Browser presence.

You mean that i can add Thumbnail Browser and the Playlist Swicther both inside PLAYLIST tab?

Yes, you can go to the layout settings, next to the search box, and add or remove anything you want. You don't have to have a playlist switcher (without a screenshot, I'm not sure exactly which part that is but they can all be deactivated, one way or another). You can add thumbnail or column browser.

I'm willing to accept that what we're suggesting won't solve your problem, but so far none of the objections you've listed are insurmountable obstacles. They just take some configuration to make them the way you want.

I also think it's unlikely what you're asking for will be implemented, because it's a very particular request with a lot of nuance to it. If there is a solution, it will probably have to utilize the current features and may not work exactly the way you had in mind.

Anyway, if you don't want help figuring out how to make the current systems work for you, I'll leave you be.
Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 08:43:49 PM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

StygianSaviour

Anyway, if you don't want help figuring out how to make the current systems work for you, I'll leave you be.
Well, if it's easier for me to make google table instead  and mark bands there, i can't call it a good solution, i'm sorry. This is a "wishlist" topic, so this is my wish. MusicBee keeps your library settings for every artist, so i hope it's not that hard to implement some sort of mark for different strings.

but so far none of the objections you've listed are insurmountable obstacles
I'm sorry, English is not my native language, so it's a bit hard to explain every little trouble. I know the most "brutforce" way to make it work. I can create playlist for every band in my library and change name of ones that i listened. That's the way i can use, yes. But it's so annoying, that i thought that it could be cool to implement simple marks in future updates. I'm doubt that no one will use such a feature. Especcially considering how much features MusicBee have.

I hope i don't sound too harsh.

The Incredible Boom Boom

Everything in this thread that's been "wished" for can already be accomplished - quite easily - exactly as the original poster has requested. I, and likely other long time users, would rather Steven implement things that cannot be simply done - as this "wish" is - instead of wasting time incorporating things for those like the original poster, who are too lazy to research and too entitled to incorporate these things themselves.

StygianSaviour

Wow. Just wow.

Using this player i can
Rate songs - 2 clicks
Rate albums - 2 clicks

But if i want to rate/mark artists the same way, i must read wiki for a couple of hours and do it the way which isn't convenient for me and can't fulfill all my needs.
Otherwise i'm lazy to research (aka stupid). Wonderful.

I know how to do filters and auto-playlists, and i know how to change layout. I say this again for you: that's not going to work for me in this situation the way i want it to work.

If you look at my first post, you'll see, that i don't ask The Incredible Boom Doom to solve my problem with his amazing ideas. I ask to add simple feature in the future if it's possible. Nothing else. Gosh.

The Incredible Boom Boom

i must read wiki for a couple of hours and do it the way which isn't convenient for me and can't fulfill all my needs.
Otherwise i'm lazy to research (aka stupid).

That is correct.

I know how to do filters and auto-playlists, and i know how to change layout. I say this again for you: that's not going to work for me in this situation the way i want it to work.

However, it's ninety percent of what you want to accomplish. If you wish to get that extra ten percent, then you're very much welcome to make your own music player.

If you look at my first post, you'll see, that i don't ask The Incredible Boom Doom to solve my problem with his amazing ideas. I ask to add simple feature in the future if it's possible. Nothing else.

And thankfully, Steven, the developer, is not forced to listen to @StygianSlaver, or no real progress on the program would ever be made outside the inclusion of elementary-level tasks that could be done with a couple hours research, a little elbow grease and some consideration.

StygianSaviour

If you wish to get that extra ten percent, then you're very much welcome to make your own music player.
Well, if you're so sensitive about some people's suggetions, maybe you should make your own internet for yourself alone?

And thankfully, Steven, the developer, is not forced to listen to @StygianSlaver
Yes, it's his decision. Not mine, not yours. So what is your problem? Why being so toxic? If he'll decide that it's not worth being implemented that's fine with me. I'm really grateful for the things which are already done with this player.

Then again, you're saying that i must do things like you wanted me to do and then call me "Slaver", don't you see some contradiction here?

Anyway, thanks for making activity in this topic, maybe your attention is what needed here.