Author Topic: Enhanced Discord Presence  (Read 41035 times)

SOTC

I really don't know why, but mine isn't working.
I created the aplication on Discord, added the .PNGs for play/pause, copied the AppID and inserted in MusicBee,
restarted and i'm not getting any errors but still the Rich Presence doesn't show up.
I've seen that kanjis can be problematic, but i tested with safe titles and still doesn't appear.
Discord Stable 94599 - MusicBee 3.4.7805 - Windows 10
Any help?

SOTC

I tried to reinstall it and now i'm having this error:
English: It was not possible to load the file ou assembly 'xxxxxx' or one of it's dependencies.
The system couldn't find the specified file.

Shingo

I installed the newest build and it works now, nice!

The only issue I have is that cover art doesn't show up at first if it's new, probably needs time to get uploaded I guess.

BTW it would be cool to be able to customize which tags get fetched, for example having something else instead of the genre between the brackets while mouse hovering on the cover art.

heyman111

Can someone please explain the process of what to do in the Discord developer portal? I've installed the plugin, made an application on Discord, copied the ID into the settings on MusicBee, but I have no idea what to do next.

Shingo

Can someone please explain the process of what to do in the Discord developer portal? I've installed the plugin, made an application on Discord, copied the ID into the settings on MusicBee, but I have no idea what to do next.

From the developer portal page, just go to "Rich Presence > Art Assets" from the menu on the left and upload two images named "playing" and "paused", which will show up over the bottom right corner of the album's cover art.

heyman111

From the developer portal page, just go to "Rich Presence > Art Assets" from the menu on the left and upload two images named "playing" and "paused", which will show up over the bottom right corner of the album's cover art.

I've done that but it keeps saying "Failed Artwork Upload for *albumname*"
Last Edit: September 03, 2021, 06:23:47 AM by biggy_wayn

stitch

I love this addon so far, a few issues I have though are that it sometimes uploads multiple pictures for the same album and I have to manually delete the duplicates. I also wish that if one hits the max upload limit of 300, it defaults to using the MusicBee icon, instead of being blank.

Shingo

I've done that but it keeps saying "Failed Artwork Upload for *albumname*"

I don't know how to help you with that then, sorry!

I love this addon so far, a few issues I have though are that it sometimes uploads multiple pictures for the same album and I have to manually delete the duplicates.

That happens to me too, basically every time I listen to multiple songs from the same album while it's still uploading the album art. Avoiding that is the only way I've found as a workaround for now until it's eventually fixed.

heyman111

Anyone know why I get this error when I try to install the plugin?

2021-09-07 03:01:02 - 10.0.17763.0 - 3.4.7848.25737P - System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\discordptb\Local Storage\leveldb'.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1.CommonInit()
   at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1..ctor(String path, String originalUserPath, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption, SearchResultHandler`1 resultHandler, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.InternalGetFiles(String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption)
   at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.GetFiles(String searchPattern)
   at Utils.DiscordToken.GetAuthToken()
   at MusicBeePlugin.Plugin.Initialise(IntPtr apiInterfacePtr)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke(Object obj, Object[] parameters)
   at #=zLk3E4bFQvZcnxfIySg==..ctor(#=zGS7Y5W9EqD$bsYFYfA== #=zcXGEDzQ=)

SonicRings

The concept of this is very promising. Do you by any chance have the knowledge to implement this feature in sll552's version of the plugin? https://github.com/sll552/DiscordBee/issues/87

If you can make a fork and make it so you can select which albums display their artwork as per my open issue, that'd be great!

Chaython

The plugin is syncing album art to the discord app but not showing presence in discord.
The latest MusicBee patches.