Author Topic: No track info when inserting or ripping CD's  (Read 6644 times)

BillH

Steven,

I'm not sure what happened.  Up until I got your reply and downloaded the patch I had no problems.  But after Bee-liever's reply I started getting an error in Malwarebytes whenever I access this thread.  No error when I access other threads.

image of error message

Bill

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
@ Bill
try again now
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

BillH

Bee-liever

I was able to access the thread without Malwarebytes complaining.  What is i.cubeload.com and why was I getting directed to it?

Thanks!
Bill

Bee-liever

i.cubeupload.com is where the icon that was in my sig. was hosted.
I'm assuming that because it was http: and not https:,  Malwarebytes didn't like the non-secure link and flagged it as possible trojan.
I've removed the icon link, just in case there was a problem.

BillH

Bee-liever,

Ah... thanks.  I don't get an error in Malwarebytes when I visit other http sites so I don't think that is the problem.  The error says "blocked due to trojan" so probably either there is a trojan or it it is a false positive.

Bill

Bee-liever

Have checked link with VirusTotal, downloaded the image and run it through several AV engines.
No Trojans!
So definitely a false positive.

BillH

I'll report it to Malwarebytes as a false positive if you would like.  Let me know.

Bill

Bee-liever

I'll report it to Malwarebytes as a false positive if you would like.  Let me know.

Bill
Please do, thank you.

BillH

Bee-liever,

This was the reply from Malwarebytes.

"Hi Bill, This is a legit detection as the website is spreading malicious files. Thanks and have a great day! ".

Virustotal also flags it, https://i.imgur.com/NOZ5G9k.png.

So Malwarebytes will not whitelist the website.

Bill

Bee-liever

Thanks for your efforts Bill.
Your own scan from VirusTotal puts into perspective though.

Only 2 out of 83!

Música

I have found that, often, the tracks, etc. often don't show; but the <Auto-tag by album> routine almost always solves at least the track names, which is the most important task. Having to find and add an album image, or a correct image, is more common. I have only one CD that is not found -without track names: Clark Terry's The Chicago Sessions 1995-96, admittedly not a classic, though a very nice Reference Recordings 2007 issue. Interestingly, it does find the album image. I went into MusicBrainz and did not find it there either/indeed. (I have both MusicBrainz and Gracenote set as tags sources.) One out of hundreds of rips is damn good!

BillH

@Música,

Even the Auto-tag by album routine wasn't working for me on these albums.  Steven's patch in reply #11 fixed the issue for me.  Since installing it all my albums track names have been found without having to use the Auto-tag by album routine.

Bill

Música

@Música,

Even the Auto-tag by album routine wasn't working for me on these albums.  Steven's patch in reply #11 fixed the issue for me.  Since installing it all my albums track names have been found without having to use the Auto-tag by album routine.

Bill
Yes, thanks. I will run that patch if necessary after I've installed 3.4. Coltrane '58 is the only one of yours that I have, but I ripped that last April and couldn't remember whether I had any issues, though I'm fairly sure I'd remember having to enter that many tracks.