Author Topic: Mark band as "listened"  (Read 2425 times)

StygianSaviour

As i understood, there is no way to mark bands that i already listened to with a "check" sign or something? :(
I have a tons of music, so it's hard to distinguish artists which are "completely listened" from the ones that just halfway through.
That would be wonderfull to have an option to "mark" artists through context menu or something.

I think some people can find this feature useful for their own needs.

Is there ANY chance that developers would add similar thing in future updates?

https://imgur.com/fQIV1hs
The left panel here is the place where i need some sort of indication.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
What you want to know is if you've listened to all tracks by an artist? Why not make a filter or playlist with the rule "play count = 0"?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

StygianSaviour

First of all, i don't want it to be an automatic thing, because some tracks which are in my collection  have a playcount more than 0, but i listened for them centuries ago, so i don't want them to be marked too, until i listen them again.

I think i could add all my collection inside one playlist and use some rules to track albums, but that would look like musical garbage and overall this method is some sort of crutch.

I don't know, is there a way to filter bands in MUSIC (not the playlist) tab the way it will show only those artists/albums which have rating? That would work better for me i guess.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Filters filter your library, but for what you're describing I think you're better off with an auto-playlist, which will let you include factors like "least often played" or "least recently played"
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

StygianSaviour

Auto-playlist with 8000 albums is barely usable. Not to mention that playlist settings affects all of your playlist, and you need very specific settings to visualise such a big collection in one playlist, so it's just doesn't work for the rest of them.
I can find a solution, like create two separate libraries or something like that, but that's not convenient and simple.

Thanks for reply btw.
I will lock this topic tomorrow. Hope to see a couple more ideas.

phred

• Global Moderator
Not to mention that playlist settings affects all of your playlist
Absolutely incorrect. You can set as many criteria to match (or not match) to each playlist and only for that playlist.

I will lock this topic tomorrow. Hope to see a couple more ideas.
Please do not lock the topic as you won't see any more ideas. There might possibly be others who want to comment on this. Either to support it as a wishlist request, or to offer you some suggestions on how to accomplish what you're trying to do.
Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 03:26:34 AM by phred
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Auto-playlist with 8000 albums is barely usable.

Viewing an auto-playlist doesn't have to be any different than viewing your library. All the same layout options are available.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

StygianSaviour

There is one big difference. In library you have a list of your bands on the left side as text. As different column.

In playlist you need to have both artists and albums in central panel, because left panel is ocupied with "playlist switcher" so as i said, that's very inconvenient. (And looks horrible)

Then again, i want to see all albums of an artist, not to switch it at the time i want to listen new stuff.

So, as i said, auto-playlists doesn't work for me.

StygianSaviour

You can set as many criteria to match (or not match) to each playlist and only for that playlist.
Oh really? I'll check that out. Maybe i missed something.

But still, it doesn't really help with my problem.

phred

• Global Moderator
You can set as many criteria to match (or not match) to each playlist and only for that playlist.
Oh really? I'll check that out. Maybe i missed something.
Apparently you did. I suggest you spend some time looking through the WiKi and the forum before you start asking for things that can already be accomplished. Sometimes with new applications you have to put some time into seeing what does what.

Is there ANY chance that developers would add similar thing in future updates?
There is only one developer. MB is a "spare time" hobby for him. I'm sure he's seen your Wishlist request, but that doesn't mean it will implemented. That depends on, among other things, how many people are requesting it, how difficult it is to implement, and what other things are on his plate that are more important or have more people requesting it. The bottom line is that it's Steven's decision and his alone.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

StygianSaviour

I suggest you spend some time looking through the WiKi and the forum before you start asking for things that can already be accomplished.
Well, i don't have any troubles with my playlists, so i didn't checked info for that. But i tried to search info on marking artists before creating this topic.

The bottom line is that it's Steven's decision and his alone.
Okay, thank you! I think i'll just wait then and hope for the best, haha.
Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 11:59:03 AM by StygianSaviour

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
There is one big difference.

So, as i said, auto-playlists doesn't work for me.

And as I said, all the same layout options are available for playlists as for the library. If it looks different to you it's because the settings are different. You can change that. The info you need is in the wiki.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

StygianSaviour

And as I said, all the same layout options are available for playlists as for the library. If it looks different to you it's because the settings are different. You can change that. The info you need is in the wiki.
You're talking about layout inside a current playlist. I'm talking about Thumbnail Browser presence.

You mean that i can add Thumbnail Browser and the Playlist Swicther both inside PLAYLIST tab?

StygianSaviour

By the way, you're confusing me. I said a multiple reasons why i can't use filters with conditions. That's not only about "same look" as library.
You're keep saying that i must do it your way, despite i clearly explained why it's not an option for me. I thank you for trying to help me, but could you drop this current solution?

frankz

You're keep saying that i must do it your way, despite i clearly explained why it's not an option for me.
Welcome to the forum.