Author Topic: Podcast click+drag mishap has lost 25k files from the library (but not the disk)  (Read 542 times)

mrbenn

I don't recall how I did it, but I dragged a playlist filter to the podcast view and MB did its best to merge but basically laid waste to my podcasts in doing so. Not a big deal there.

To get the tracks back to their right place I deleted the phantom podcast subscription this created, with a view of doing a re-scan.

The problem is (I think) that MB is somehow ignoring those ~25k files as podcasts as the on-start library scan does not pick them up, nor does the "scan folder for new files".

So far I have in various combinations:

Restarted MB, machine etc
Done multiple re-scans of folders
Deleted the subscriptions.dat files from the MB library podcast folder
Tools > Advanced > Compress Library

...and each time MB says no new files found, so I assume that's because these files are in the database somewhere.

I stress that this is all within the MB library - the files are still on the disk. I did not drag the music drive from explorer to the inbox as I did not want to compound the problem - The missing (from the library) tracks are from many places on the disk, not just one folder.

Does anyone have any thoughts on how to fix this?

Thanks
Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 01:37:46 PM by mrbenn

mrbenn

Solved - dragging from explorer > MB fixed it - I wasn't aware it would pick up on existing files and ignore them.

Odd that the other scan methods didn't pick them up.