Author Topic: Void (series)  (Read 34644 times)

hiccup

updated

Fixed an oversight where some colour variations didn't have the Jukebox view properly coloured.

so_la_la

I have installed the Void Blue skin and I quite like it. Thanks for giving this to us!
I have two small suggestion to make.
I wish the contrast would stand out stronger ie the text font could really be white and not just some bright beige (or am I seeing sth wrong?) For me it's not easy to read although I have already increased the font size.
Also I am getting confused with the player bar at the bottom of the screen, I find the arrangement of the buttons a bit confusing, maybe this could be sorted by displaying bigger buttons?
https://imgur.com/a/yt8v59R
Music Bee 3; EAC; MP3Tag; Music on Synology NAS 115; Logitech Media Server on RPI 3; RPI 2 with Hifiberry; Poweramp for Android/Lineage

hiccup

I wish the contrast would stand out stronger ie the text font could really be white and not just some bright beige (or am I seeing sth wrong?)
It's grey. Its value is (around) 180, where white is 255.
If you want it brighter, you could do that by creating a piggyback skin:
https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=29815.msg165878#msg165878

Also I am getting confused with the player bar at the bottom of the screen, I find the arrangement of the buttons a bit confusing, maybe this could be sorted by displaying bigger buttons?
What do you find to be confusing? Sure there exist different arrangements for player control buttons in various skins, and switching between them might confuse your muscle-memory.
But I find the button arrangement quite logical myself.
Yes, the buttons are probably smaller than in many other skins, but it's completely intentional. I like that for these 'Void' skins.

so_la_la

What do you find to be confusing? Sure there exist different arrangements for player control buttons in various skins, and switching between them might confuse your muscle-memory.
But I find the button arrangement quite logical myself.
Yes, the buttons are probably smaller than in many other skins, but it's completely intentional. I like that for these 'Void' skins.
Thanks for getting back. I can't see what the volume control is (the red dot?) or the play position (the blue dot?). I can't see the scale of these controls hence the position of the controllers eludes me. I don't understand the positioning of the pause button and its relation to the blue dot. In general I see a lot of empty space and really tiny control buttons. Also I cannot see the border between the right playlist window and the main window, and in the main window I cannot see the lines that mark the borders of the columns (that display tag values) in the top row. So rearranging them involves a lot of guesswork. Maybe it's because of my screen resolution.
Music Bee 3; EAC; MP3Tag; Music on Synology NAS 115; Logitech Media Server on RPI 3; RPI 2 with Hifiberry; Poweramp for Android/Lineage

so_la_la

It's grey. Its value is (around) 180, where white is 255.
If you want it brighter, you could do that by creating a piggyback skin:
https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=29815.msg165878#msg165878
Thanks for pointing this out to me. I have to see whether I can find the time. Void being an xlmc file means it will not be enough to write something like "replace 188 by 255"...

hiccup

I don't understand what blue button you are talking about.
To clarify some things:

- The volume slider has an indicator (an orange led) that lights if the volume is not at 100%

Near the player controls there is also a led indicator.
It's green when MB is playing, it's orange when paused, and it's off when stopped.

- The progressbar shouldn't have 'a dot'?
Just a bar that changes its brightness.

- Yes, there is a lot of empty space in the player panel.
It's intentional, and why I called it Void ;-)
And as I said before, the small sized icons and controls are intentional, and (on my screen) are perfectly readible, having similar sizes to the text as it shows up in the panels of MusicBee.

- Invisible borders
If you are talking about the vertical handles to drag the width of columns, I fully agree:

Regrettably, skinners don't have much control over it.
I have raised this before on the skinners board (a long time ago), accompanied by a request, but it wasn't rewarded.
Probably because it's less of an issue for light skins and high contrast dark skins.

My skins are often medium to low contrast, and the visibility of that 'dragging indicator' sucks for pretty much all of them.
Sorry for that. I don't like it either.

Last Edit: October 04, 2022, 02:32:07 PM by hiccup

so_la_la

Thank you for your time and patience with me.
Obviously I had never put the volume slider to 11.
The invisible borders are a real let down especially if your MB focus is on editing and tagging your files rather than playing them. A pity nothing can be done about it.

hiccup

No problem.
This divider/dragging indicator issue bothers me enough to revive it, so I created a request to have a solution for it:
https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=37353.msg205208#msg205208

edit
About 'volume11'
Many users prefer to have the volume at the maximum position. (10, 100 whatever you call it)
This because only at the max position you can have MusicBee output a bit-perfect signal.
So the indicator is there as a warning when the volume setting makes it impossible to have bit-perfect output.
Last Edit: October 09, 2022, 07:29:41 AM by hiccup

hiccup

The invisible borders are a real let down especially if your MB focus is on editing and tagging your files rather than playing them. A pity nothing can be done about it.
Good news: something has been done about it ;-)
If you update MusicBee with the latest 3.5 update patch ( https://getmusicbee.com/patches/ ) the borders should now be a lot more visible.
It's still subtle, but that is my design choice.

hiccup

It looks like the Dropbox service was not running on my computer yesterday, so if you downloaded this skin yesterday it was still the old version.
It's now updated for sure.