Author Topic: Void (series)  (Read 34649 times)

hiccup

there are 2 relevant elements depending on the location of the status bar with respect to the player controls panel
Panel.StatusBarBelowPlayer.Default
Panel.StatusBarInPanel.Default

I also have:
"Panel.StatusBar.Default"
I think that one is used when the player panel is positioned at the top.

hiccup

I think I like that blue.
I've PM'ed you the original xml file that should make it a bit easier to test and try things out.

hiccup

I do have some questions about your screenshot.
Where is the player panel?
What are the bars at the bottom?
And how come the file count is centered in the middle, and 'queued' is at the far right?
Is there some setting for that?

Johan_A_M

there are 2 relevant elements depending on the location of the status bar with respect to the player controls panel

Hmm, you're indeed right! I'm not using the player control panel, but when I turn it on, the color changes seem to work.

Johan_A_M

I do have some questions about your screenshot.
Where is the player panel?
What are the bars at the bottom?
And how come the file count is centered in the middle, and 'queued' is at the far right?
Is there some setting for that?

First, thanks for the xml, I'll try and complete the blue idea sometime soon :)
Second, I must disappoint you. The bars at the bottom are just cut of icons from the Windows taskbar. Considering the centering of text, it seems as if the status bar I'm using, so to speak, without player controls, have a different adjustment of text.

hiccup

Hmm, you're indeed right! I'm not using the player control panel, but when I turn it on, the color changes seem to work.
When you have the player panel hidden or when it is positioned at the top of the main panel "Panel.StatusBar.Default" is used.

If you use a colour picker on the Sample skin using such a layout it will match fg="65,80,50"
I still don't understand why that didn't work for you.

hiccup

updated

Void Light:
- improved the contrast/legibility of the text in the status bar

Void Dark
- improved the contrast/legibility of the text in the status bar
- replaced all instances where there was red text on a grey background (which was sometimes difficult to read)
Last Edit: April 11, 2021, 10:05:47 AM by hiccup

hiccup

Updated.

Completely redesigned the skin and created four different colour versions.

stardepp

I like these skins very much, especially the alternative arrangement of the playback buttons. 👌🍀👍

hiccup

updated

Improved the indication when repeat or shuffle is enabled.

please55

The bit.ly links for black and blue give an error at the moment.

hiccup

The bit.ly links for black and blue give an error at the moment.
Thanks for reporting.

Interesting, but I have no explanation why there is some security warning specifically for the URLs of these two colour variations only.
The links are simply referrals to my Dropbox repository, same as all my other skins and other contributions.

I'm guessing something is going on at bit.ly that must be affecting many other people too.
All I can (will) do for now is wait and see what happens in the next couple of days.

edit
I took a look to see if I could report this to bit.ly from my account, but they provide no service at all for me to do so.
It looks like only people using the link can report false security blocking done by bit.ly.
So it might help if people that like to download these skins would report the false security block to them.

(and Void Green is the best one in the series anyway and that's still available, so I'm not too concerned yet ;-)
Last Edit: April 14, 2022, 10:45:16 PM by hiccup

UNSUB522

Would it be possible to reupload the themes to a different site since some of the links are down?

wealstarr

Link to the black skin leads to a blocked page.

phred

• Global Moderator
Link to the black skin leads to a blocked page.
Scroll down to the bottom of the "blocked" notice and there's a link to file a report with bitly that the file you're trying to download is not a threat and should not be blocked.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here