Author Topic: Deleting Files From Library - Rather Than 'Removing' - HELP!!  (Read 2917 times)

Screenthemes

Have noted since playing around with the software and not understanding what the hell I am doing that every
single track in the 'Playlists' section has a Black exclamation mark next to the track. I have no idea how it got there.
No idea how to remove it. Can you help please?

Also, I've note that when booting up MusicBee, the player takes an age to load up all the artwork and be 'play-ready'.

Perhaps taking two-three minutes to load all artwork.

I currently have 934 files uploaded, some 12.2 GB.

Is this a normal/average time to be waiting?

Thanks
Last Edit: January 25, 2021, 04:57:48 PM by Screenthemes

frankz

Why do you refuse to answer the questions of the people who are trying to help you?

Were you viewing the files in a playlist?

Screenthemes

My friend, I am simply trying to understand how to use the software. I'm not being rude or difficult.
I'm not ignoring any advice and welcome anything that will help me use MusicBee at its very best.

At the moment, I am totally confused as to what I am doing wrong.

Again, I am very grateful to you for all your kind assistance.

Best wishes

frankz

When you delete songs from within a playlist, it only removes them from the playlist.  That's why you were prompted to "Remove" rather than "Delete" (good catch, psychoadept).

You need to delete files from within your music library (the Music tab) to delete them from your computer all together.

Screenthemes

Thank you. Got it. I'll plough through the files in the separate hard drives and delete.

I'm noting that since reopening MusicBee many of the files hve deleted and have not re-appeared.

Whilst I have you online, can I ask;

Have noted since playing around with the software and not understanding what the hell I am doing that every
single track in the 'Playlists' section has a Black exclamation mark next to the track. I have no idea how it got there.
No idea how to remove it. Can you help please?

I've note that when booting up MusicBee, the player takes an age to load up all the artwork and be 'play-ready'.

Perhaps taking two-three minutes to load all artwork.

I currently have 934 files uploaded, some 12.2 GB.

Is this a normal/average time to be waiting?

Thanks

frankz

If you hover over the exclamation mark it'll tell you what the problem is with the track.

With that few files it should take no time to load anything. That's not many. Maybe something to do with all the problem tracks you say you have.

You should spend time reading the wiki linked in each mod's signature and get to know the program before continuing.

Screenthemes

Thank you for your kind assistance, and the condescending, blunt tone. Are you by chance, Welsh?
If so, that would explain a great deal.
I have, as instructed, hovered over the exclamation marks in the 'Playlist' section (!)
According to MusicBee every bastard track is missing.
Brilliant.
Have a good evening (or day)

Screenthemes

I also incorrectly informed you of the file amount on my MusicBee player;

In total I have uploaded 198, 715 files, some 1787.6GB.

I have;

(1) Tick "on startup check for updated or missing files" option under Preferences> Library
(2) Add your music files folder to the monitored folders setting under Preferences> Library
(3) Run Tools> Advanced> Rescan All Files command to update database

This has got rid of the exclamation marks and left me with a great deal of Reconstruction work, but slowly
but surely, I think I'm getting there.

I'm very impressed with MusicBee, it's far superior to iTunes in every way, I just need to get a handle on
the software.