Author Topic: Exact purpose of the MusicBee folder  (Read 598 times)

Chikara

This might be a silly question but I can't find it specifically explained.
I've used MusicBee for a number of years and just recently have done a clean WIn 10 install.
All my music is on a seperate HDD (F - Users - (My name) - Music

After the reinstall, I copied the entire music folder back, and I noticed there is also a Music Bee subfolder in the Music Folder, from the previous installation.
I had a look under Preferences > Library > Move library, and it says this:
'Select the new location for the Music Bee database, podcast subscriptions and any music sub-folders. Files not located in a library sub-folder will not be moved'

I'm not exactly sure the wording of this. I don't want all my music moved to subfolders under the MusicBee directory. I would like to keep them under the main 'Music' folder as they are currently.
Should I even touch this setting at all? Or is the relink music library the best way to manage this?

The reason this is relevant is, I am taking the opportunity to clean up my music folder, get all the tags right, and change names into a consistent file format. I've also put some new music in that folder.

So as far as I can figure out, this is all I need to do:
- Don't change the library location unless I want the Music Bee folder (with the databases etc) moved elsewhere also
- As the music path is still the same as I used to have, I also don't need to use the relink music library option
- I just need to use the scan folder option, and MB will automatically pick up new music I've added, and detect and delete references to files I renamed outside of MB

Am I correct, or am I missing something?
Thanks!