Author Topic: Shutting Down  (Read 2090 times)

richard127gm

Hi. With MusicBee running in the background for some time (Out of focus). When I return to it, it always crashes. It plays a split second of music, then just closes. I can perform all other tasks, just not play any music. No error report, nothing. Just me?

phred

• Global Moderator
What version of MB are you using? (Help > About)
How was MB installed? (Installer, Portable, Store)
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Steven

• Administrator
This sounds like the same issue someone else reported recently with WASAPI output. Try updating to v3.4 from the first forum topic

richard127gm

Hi. Sorry for initial lack of details. I'm running 3.4.7628. Normal install, windows 10 v10.0.19042. Using Direct Sound output.

The length of time before shutting down and bringing back to focus I can reliably use MB is about an hour. Anything longer always delivers a shutdown. I don't know whether this is linked but MB also sometimes locks up and becomes unresponsive. I can get around this by switching to compact view from the Windows taskbar and back again. Although it hasn't done this in a while.
Last Edit: January 23, 2021, 09:24:30 PM by richard127gm

richard127gm

Seem to have fixed this. Changed from Direct Sound to Wasapi shared and the problem has gone. Happy days.

richard127gm

Sorry to say, I'm still having this problem. Thought I'd fixed it by switching output format but it didn't work. The problem still appears when I leave MB out of focus and come back to it. I can work on albums tags, artwork etc., but it crashes as soon as I try to play music. Any ideas?