Author Topic: [1.3] Using "split" in the artist splitter doesn't split the artists anymore  (Read 3479 times)

hiccup

Technically I think that the middle dot would be correct to use.

But since there is no key on a computer keyboard for it, it's uncommon.
I am using it though.
(auto hotkey is great for making it easier to type non-standard characters such as m and n dashes, horizontal ellipsis, accented letters, etc.)

But it wouldn't solve your issue.
(unless this would become an accepted method and MB accommodates for it)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
To be fair I've been skimming, but are we all talking about the same thing? I thought this was about using the Split button explicitly (which I also would have sworn worked for commas), not the automatic separation of artists at the semi colon.
Last Edit: January 22, 2021, 05:57:13 PM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Fivda

To fair I've been skimming, but are we all talking about the same thing? I thought this was about using the Split button explicitly (which I also would have sworn worked for commas), not the automatic separation of artists at the semi colon.
I'm indeed only talking about the split button's behavior. Nothing else

frankz

To fair I've been skimming, but are we all talking about the same thing? I thought this was about using the Split button explicitly (which I also would have sworn worked for commas), not the automatic separation of artists at the semi colon.
Oh, man.

You're a better skimmer than I am.

I'm indeed only talking about the split button's behavior. Nothing else
Oh, man.

I'm putting myself in the corner with a pointy cap.

Fivda

Well actually, i've had the opposite issue instead. There's a music circle called "D'va;;;;;;;;5" and I use it for album artist on my library, but everytime i export the track on other device the album artist always ends up being "D'va" instead of "D'va;;;;;;;;5", because of the ;.