Author Topic: add preference for album art size  (Read 4534 times)

Debby747

Hi,

Now that we have these fantastic options for artwork source
and a choice grid for the manual artwork internet search (which is really cool),

is there anybody apart from me interested in having a preference option to limit the automatic
search to something like e.g. 600x600 or 300x300 (is/min/max size) whatever?

At the moment, all my artwork is in 600x600. I would really like to make MusicBee search for
artwork in this size only (per option).

Otherwise I am very satisfied. Three thumbs up (..ah, can anybody lend me a hand  ;)) for Steven!

Thanks for considering,
and many greetings
D.

Steven

• Administrator
i was wondering if someone would want some sort of filter!
for now, you could only enable freecovers.com and albumartexchange.com, with albumartexchange the first in priority, although i think i have seen some freecovers.com smaller than 600.

which sites do you use normally? i've found with albumartexchange it had a few missing but the ones it does have are very high quality

Debby747

Hello Steven,

albumartexchange is in fact my first priority selection because of their quality scans.
While different CD cases have different sizes, the site's scans are also not consistently sized,
although most of them are (nearly) 600x600.

Perhaps I am too obsessed with uniformity? Does size matter?  ;D
In the end I think I would be nice to have MusicBee run through and update all missing artwork
and for everything not fitting, I am left to either choose a different format or scan/stretch the artwork myself.

Right now I have about 2000 albums of which most of them are still missing a quality jpg.
(oh well, everything was easier with my mp3 collection before, when I did not care...)

To round this off:  I would welcome a filter before changing my attitude... Thanks for asking ;D

Greetings,
D.

Steven

• Administrator