Author Topic: MusicBee "Queue Next" Bug  (Read 981 times)

MayorQwert

Included below is the full Musicbee bug log for this. It occurs if you :
-Press "queue next" then choose to skip the queue next item and try to queue it next again.
-Press queue next on an item twice and attempt to remove the duplicate by either deletion or skipping. In this case it removes both queued examples (rather than one like you might expect), then if you try to press "queue next" it'll give the error that way.

Once it breaks, it will break queue next for all tracks.

MusicBee v3.3.7491.38139D  (Win10.0), 20 Jan 2021 16:24:

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.InsertRange(Int32 index, IEnumerable`1 collection)
   at #=z2SlLuHKEZvnzaVJOKnkFLg6QSbkBH7w2Cw==.#=zokc$F1k=(IList`1 #=z77uMY3w=)
   at #=zgqjfkNnJUelJtsO82o1z7zw=.#=zokc$F1k=(IList`1 #=z77uMY3w=)
   at #=zKIUE7oQ7OlhW6rhaCefQZgg=.#=z1csDPYQoi4fH$EPtXw==(Object #=z9O_irZI=, EventArgs #=zPDFE8Uo=)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Steven

• Administrator
I can't reproduce this so could you try updating to v3.4 which is available from the first forum topic
If it still happens, are you using queue next on a file from the main panel that gets added to the playing tracks or are you doing on an existing file in the playing tracks list?

MayorQwert

Won't be able to test until Monday I'm afraid, I didn't see your post until today and I'm doing a full weekend music stream through the weekend using MusicBee. I'll let you know once I finish up and update though.  I know it happens with the now playing list, I don't recall right now if it works with items not already queued though I imagine if I were to queue them twice the behavior would be the same. It occurs in the Upcoming/Playing Tracks window as well as the Now Playing Assistant.

Based upon the description I put before of what happened, what should the intended outcome have been if everything is working right for those situations I mentioned?

MayorQwert

I can't reproduce this so could you try updating to v3.4 which is available from the first forum topic
If it still happens, are you using queue next on a file from the main panel that gets added to the playing tracks or are you doing on an existing file in the playing tracks list?
Yep still having issues on newest v3.4. Easiest way to reproduce should be to queue up some tracks then from there there's a few ways to reproduce:

1) Starting in the "Playing Tracks" Pane, select any random track and press "Queue next" twice on the same one. First time you'll get the [1] but nothing second time. At this point change the pane to be "Upcoming tracks", to view the true play order, and you'll see two duplicates queued up in a row after the currently playing track. If you were to try to select one of these and delete it (through either "DEL" key or "Remove From Queue"), it deletes both tracks. At this point if you try to queue next from the same pane it will break and give an error should you continue to use it from that pane or the "Now Playing Assistant.
1a) You can fix this behavior by either resetting the app or by queuing something else up if you select the album again and freshly queue it or something else entirely it will fix the behavior for the time. Queue Next from panes other than the two mentioned ones will continue to function as expected, though adding files this way will not fix the two panes. You must entirely reset the queue through "Play Now" for the behavior to stop.

2) Starting in the "Upcoming Tracks" pane, choose some item from the upcoming tracks to queue next. If you press "queue next" a few times you'll see the item exhibit the following behavior:
1st press: It'll move to next playing slot
2nd Press: (on the track you moved to the up next position) It'll bug a bit and move the now playing track (one before the one you just pressed) to the position after the one you pressed on.
3rd Press: It'll move a duplicate of the track selected after the one generated in 2nd Press.
- If after 3rd press you choose to attempt to delete the duplicate track of the original one you were queuing by selecting it from the pane and pressing "delete" it will delete both tracks and at this point you have broken "Queue next". Note that for whatever reason this behavior does not occur with the track generated in 2nd Press. At this point the behavior in 1a will occur again.

3) Starting from the "Now Playing Assistant" if you choose a track from the "Now Playing" section and choose to queue it twice a duplicate will appear in "Upcoming tracks (and only in Upcoming Tracks). If you delete the duplicate from Upcoming Tracks it will remove both and if you try to queue again in the "Now Playing Assistant", "Upcoming Tracks", or "Playing Tracks" it will break. At this point the behavior in 1a will take effect.

That's the three main ways to get the behavior to occur. I'm sure there's probably some cases I haven't tested but those are the the areas affected. It's localized to the "Playing Tracks" layout option as well as the Now Playing Assistant.