Author Topic: MB is showing many genres for my collection that I don't use  (Read 508 times)

krautdog

Hello Folks - I have done a lot of reading in the forums today for some help on this. I am VERY sorry if it is asked/answered already and I missed it. Also If I am just being really thick. My issue is just as stated in the title - I have all sorts of genres listed in MB that I do not tag my music with. I mostly use Tagscanner on all my new music files to get them tagged the way I want. I only use a dozen or so different genres, trying to keep things simple. When I look for the music that I happen to feel like listening to at that time I usually do so by genre so that is why this is sort of important to me. I'm hoping it is something simple in preferences that I am missing, but I'm fearing that there are somehow other tags existing in the tracks that I am not aware of, perhaps existing in another format (ID3v2,3 Ape etc) that Tagscanner does not see when I am doing my editing?

I appreciate any help very very much.

Steven

• Administrator
create a filter (Ctrl-F) using one of the genres you don't expect to see and then open one of the files in the tag editor and then click the Tag Inspector button. That will show you the tags in the file. Its possible there might be tags in different formats

krautdog

Thank you very much Steven!
As I feared a big part of the problem was indeed me being thick...MB was scanning a folder that I didn't think it would scan, containing some new stuff I hadn't checked over yet. I feel very stupid. Thanks again very much for your help.