Author Topic: Translator Q&A  (Read 469771 times)

Steven

• Administrator
i know what it is - you edited your .ini file to change the album artist tag

add
#Main.field.34# Album Artist

hiccup

i know what it is - you edited your .ini file to change the album artist tag

I can't see, nor remember that I did that, but I am sure something related happened indeed in trying stuff out.
I just did another clean portable install, and the translation shows up correct indeed.
Thanks for looking into it.

Steven

• Administrator
Btw: In my version 3.1.6335 of MB there's no dropdown behind "do not crossfade"... ???
does this still happen. I cant reproduce this

Roadrunner

Btw: In my version 3.1.6335 of MB there's no dropdown behind "do not crossfade"... ???
Yes, but this is good as it is! It was only an answer to hiccup's print screen one post before (Post #794) with an unnecessary drop down (which seems to be a problem existing only on his installation).

hiccup

Yes, but this is good as it is! It was only an answer to hiccup's print screen one post before (Post #794) with an unnecessary drop down (which seems to be a problem existing only on his installation).

To add to the confusion solution, I just checked, and all's well again here. It was probably fixed by one of the more recent updates.

Roadrunner

how about translating this instead?
CONFIRMATION: Scan the selected files and rewrite the files with tag values that differ to the MusicBee database?
Thx for your suggestion. I didn't want to loose the usefull information about the number of files concerned. Therefore I used another workaround (so it's ok for me, if there might be other side effects by changing the programs behaviour):
CONFIRMATION: x files selected. Scan and rewrite the files with tag values that differ to the MusicBee database?

sheppaul

Is there any way to see what I'm translating in musicbee? That is, it would be great if there is a language compiler so that it is possible to preview what I've done.

Roadrunner

Is there any way to see what I'm translating in musicbee? That is, it would be great if there is a language compiler so that it is possible to preview what I've done.
You don't need a compiler: Just put your readable working file yourlanguage.lng into MB's subdirectory called Localisation. After that it can be choosen under Edit -> Preferences -> General -> language the same way as compiled files can (see also here).
If you append a "work in progress" information (i.e. "3.1", "temp" or whatever) to the filename you could even switch between the official version (as soon as it exists ;) ) and your development one.
Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 11:19:38 PM by Roadrunner

sheppaul

sheppaul

Could anyone leave me the link of whole english file for reference of translation? I've just completed my translation. However, I've found something weird while reviewing. There should be an updated english language file for translation (not fragmented) but it's not the one I used for translation.

Thanks.

PS. I used the english file from the following link but I think it's not the latest one.
https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=3258.0

For example, you cannot find the string "open in web browser" in the reference file of English.
It is "#Main.menu.OpInWebBr# Open in Default Web Browser:"

There are other things I've found somewhat different like spelling error. It seems like to be corrected in MusicBee but not for translation.
Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 03:45:08 PM by sheppaul

Steven

• Administrator

sheppaul

Thanks for the quick reply but again...

You cannot find the string, "Episodes that are downloaded but not listened to." in both English - Full v3.dat and new3.1.txt.
You cannot find the string, "Open in Default Web Browse" in both files too.

Am I not clear? I'm confused what I'm seeing.
Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 09:26:23 AM by sheppaul

Steven

• Administrator
this is the actual entry in the language file:
#Main.msg.AllNewSub2# All new subscriptions that have not been listened to.

unfortunately what can happen is i update the program with wording changes and forget to update the language file

#Main.menu.OpInWebBr# is in the main language file

sheppaul

Is there any way to change the order of date in some place?

For example, 토 6 10 2017 should be rearranged to "2017-06-10, 토"

"7 6월" should be "6월 7일"
The order should be corrected like this and there should be a suffix "일" in the end of day number.

sheppaul

unfortunately what can happen is i update the program with wording changes and forget to update the language file

There should be a reason why you made such changes.
Is there any chance to correct it by refreshing your reference language file for translation? I'd like to apply the changes before releasing my work if possible.

What do you think?