Author Topic: Translator Q&A  (Read 463312 times)

Steven

• Administrator
the new exe to support the below:
http://www.mediafire.com/?t3s13ojy9rt9lcu

new additions to the english base file (search for: added 5-May-2011)
http://www.mediafire.com/?vui4il6vmg0fh2e

24. done
25. 'Add exeption' is now auto-adjusted to right on text
26. done
27. done
28. done
29. done
30. done
31. done
32. done
33. it was a bug and is fixed now - sorry about the wasted time
34. done
35. done
36. for a future release
37. ‘Compact player’ is #Main.menu.CoPl#
38. done
39. not done
40. i cant find where you mean - can you give me some more info?

i will answer the remaining strings from the top later

boroda

33. it was a bug and is fixed now - sorry about the wasted time
No problem, just wanted to warn other translators.

40. i cant find where you mean - can you give me some more info?
Tools/Organize files (and 2 other file organizers too): hover mouse over text 'file naming presets' or 'except when'.

i will answer the remaining strings from the top later
Thanks in advance.

--------------------------

Bug report (forgive me for reporting a bug in this topic):

Track auto-tagger doesn't  work at all for me - with any settings I see only 'wait' cursor and nothing happens (version 1.2.4141).

Steven

• Administrator
you will need to give me info - which track auto-tagger function and at what point was it waiting eg. when opening the screen or after you clicked Proceed in the dialog

edit:
dont worry - i get the same with the translated versions of MB...
this should fix it:
http://www.mediafire.com/?kqvqwalmwfloli2

also i will get rid of the tooltip for 40 in the next update
Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 09:23:37 PM by Steven

Steven

• Administrator
i think this should be all the remaining strings from the start
!Sys.msg.FSfNM#      File: Scan for New Media
Need to know the context. May be 'Rescan/Add files' ?
yes it is - i will change the english text!

!Sys.msg.VSNPTF#   View: Show Now Playing Track Finder
Need to know the context. What is Track Finder?
the default hotkey is Alt F - it opens a search box in the Now Playing Panel playlist

!Main.menu.PN#      Play {0} '{1}' Now
!Main.menu.QN#      Queue {0} '{1}' Next
Main.menu.PN   Play {0}Artist '{1}Sufjan Stevens'
Main.menu.QN,   Queue Next as above
Main.menu.QL.3  Queue Last as above
where {0} is the clicked header text of the clicked column and {1} is the clicked value

!Lyr.msg.Lyfo0#      Lyrics for {0}
Lyrics for {0}Some Song Title

!Main.msg.Uti#      Unable to invoke '{0}'
Unable to invoke '{0}name of external tool eg. mp3Tag'

!Main.msg.Utlapftb#   Unable to locate any pictures for title '{0}' by '{1}'
Unable to locate any pictures for title '{0}Jacksonville' by '{1}Sufjan Stevens'

!Dev.msg.Wywlsqbrf#   WARNING: you will loose sound quality by re-encoding {0} files - this option is intended only to minimize the size of a file
{0}=the format eg. MP3

!Tag.msg.Ntlfa-#   No tags located for artist '{0}' - '{1}'
{0}=artist {1}=track title

!tTag.msg.Utfam-sa#   Unable to find any matching '{0}' - search aborted
{0}=Artist, Album or Track

!Main.msg.RtCtzft#   Reset the {0} Count to zero for the {1}?
it will be localised in the next update
change it to something like:
Reset the '{0}' to zero for the {1}
{0}=Play Count or Skip Count
{1}=x selected files (which is already defined elsewhere)

!Main.msg.fansfp#   {0} files are not supported for playback
{0}=MP3 or some other format

!DJ.ctl.717606B8#   maintain:
!DJ.ctl.1EEA1BA7#   upcoming tracks
!DJ.ctl.8CAE1334#   restrict genre to same as seed track
!DJ.ctl.B63ECB97#   restrict selection to artists similar to the seed track only
upcoming tracks: is the number of tracks to keep added after the current track eg. if the value is 5, then MB will ensure there are always 5 tracks after the current one in the playlist
restrict genre to same as seed track: means the songs MB selects will always be the same genre as the first playing track
restrict selection to artists similar to the seed track only: means MB will only include artists similar to the artist of the first playing track

!Main.msg.De2c#      Directory exceeds 247 characters: {0}
{0}=the invalid directory path

!Tfr.msg.Syfa#      Synchronisation failed
!Tfr.msg.SyFa#      Synchronisation Failed
Are these strings the same and can I remove one of them from .lng file?
the letter casing is different - even if the case doesnt matter in russian still define both

Steven

• Administrator
MusicBee 1.2.4144 to fix some bugs and support new localisation items
http://www.mediafire.com/?t322maeyffghkv6

7-May: incremental additions/changes to english.dat
http://www.mediafire.com/?gcok3k8x2fmy08v

the Russian translation topic has (in english) an explanation of the changes
http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=3290.15

boroda

EDITED

Some new questions:

!Main.menu.FMiL#   Find More '{0}' in Library
What is {0}? I neen full phrase eg. {0} is “<tag name>” or “artist ‘<artist tag value>’”.

!Rip.msg.no#      no
What is ‘no’? No tracks, no information, MB shouldn’t do something?

!tTag.msg.Sewe{#   Searching web '{0}'
What is {0}? Track title?

!Main.menu.Folder...#   Folder...
I can't locate 'Download To' submenu in UI to see the submenu items, I can only locate 'Download' item (not submenu). Need to repeat my question: what items may be shown next to ‘Folder…’ item in ‘Download to’ submenu (I need to check if translation of these items is appropriate to parent 'Download to' menu)?

------------------------------------

New issues (and reported but still not fixed issues):

41. Auto-tag by track/Tags selector window – tag names are not localized.

42. File scanner/statusbar text: 'Scanned #, # new' – word ‘new’ is not localized. Steven, please check all possible statusbar text for localization issues. Its very hard for me to test this text as its constantly changing when MB is doing some tasks.

43. Equalizer settings window: column headers, chars 'L', 'R', standard preset names (the same issue as for standard auto-playlists), '# dB', '# Hz', '# kHz' are not localized.

44. Prefs/Hotkeys: Toggle Skip Track – is not localized, i.e sting #Sys.msg.PTST# in .lng is not used currently. By the way, change this string value from ‘Playback: Toggle…’ to ‘Now Playing: Toggle…’ (as it actually displayed by MB for English interface) in ‘new.txt’

45. Look  at context command “Play {tag_name} ‘{tag_value}’ Now” (and adjacent commands) when right-clicked on column 'time' and some other columns: ‘Unknown’ is not localized (I suggest you can safely use string #dSum.msg.Unknown# from device summary panel section).

46. Track details pane in the right panel: file properties are not localized eg. 44.1 kHz, 192k(bit/sec), ‘Mono/Stereo’, etc.

47. Select ‘track details’ view, then select ‘artworks’ view – for a short time text ‘Please wait, loading…’ is displayed. This text should be localizable.

48. Minor bugs:
a) in main panel select large amount of tracks (I selected 15000 files in track details view and used russian localization – english must be more compact) :  statusbar text at the right doesn’t fit their place and is truncated (ends with ‘…’), although there is enough space to the left.
b) Select Albums view and restart MB. Text in statusbar is without word ‘selected:’. Select one album, then click on empty space – text is ‘selected:1 album, …’, although nothing is selected.

49. Right click on device/device prefs (don’t use Prefs/Devices): Blue text at the bottom is not localized. I think for # tracks, # hours, # MB, etc. use can safely use statusbar strings #Main.msg.Tracks9#, #Main.msg.hours#, ##Main.msg.MB#, etc, but ‘Auto-sync:’ needs to be localized.

50. File types (eg. ‘Equalizer Preset (*.sde)’) in all open/save dialogs are not localized.

*** Minor bug: enable CD Art Display plugin without CD Art Display installed. You’ll receive error messages and it seems that plugn is still disabled. Close prefs and reopen Prefs/Plugins again. Plugin is enabled.

*** Small issue. Auto-DJ: ‘maintain # upcoming tracks’ actually means ‘maintain #-1 upcoming tracks’

51. See Artwork layout. If you choose group by album, text <untranslated ‘albums by’ translated ‘album artist’> is shown in panel header. Actually text must be in English ‘albums sorted by album artist’ or simply ‘albums’, and <untranslated ‘albums by’ translated ‘album artist’> must be localizable as entire string like for ‘Albums grouped by Artist’.

52. Auto number window (change padding number of zeros first): After field with number of leading zeros words 'e.g.' and 'etc.' doesn't have translation strings. Don't know about other languages, but I cant see situation where 'eg.' cannot be included in string 'leading zeros'.

25. File Organizer window issue: click 'add exception', then click 'cancel' in exception window - now 'add exception' is placed leftmost, but on the same line as text 'except when:'.  I still suppose that 'add exception' button should be placed leftmost below text 'except when', when no exeptions are added yet, like when 1 or more exception are added.

37. Didn’t find string for ‘Compact player’ like string #Sys.ctl.6EBE6649# for ‘mini-palyer’. String #Main.menu.CoPl# is in main menu section, but I need string for general prefs tab (I use different letter casing in these 2 sections).

32. Auto-shutdown window: string !AutoSD.493A25AE# (i.e. ‘mins’) is not used.

*** Minor feature request (I consider it to be issue): I suppose that MB should not display undefined custom and virtual tags (i.e. tags with empty display name/label) at all except for in Preferences Window (or at least should not display in tag list when right-clicking on column header in main panel).

33. I think MB should display error message explaining what exactly is incorrect in .lng file (or at least what line of file is wrong), if it for some reason cannot fully parse this file.

56. Unselect tracks, then open 'Renumber tracks window', see the text below title bar (even in English): 'Assign track numbers to...'.
And probably related question: Is string !aNum.ctl.5D675CD# actually used by MB?

57. 'About window' is not localized

---------------------------

About named parameters in .lng strings (eg. "play {tag_name} '{tag value}' now"): if its not very easy to implement named params, you may implement inline comments eg. "play {0}[tag_name] '{1}[tag value]' now" where '[' and']' (or some other rare chars) enclose inline comment. This can significantly reduce number of questions about strings context.
Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 04:55:15 PM by boroda74

andrea.ippo

It seems like the 'Yes' string appearing in the Global column (hotkeys preferences) is not localized.

Can anyone confirm?

PS: is this the right place to discuss such issues also for non-russian translations?

Steven

• Administrator
It seems like the 'Yes' string appearing in the Global column (hotkeys preferences) is not localized.
ok for me - check you are using which is in the incremental updates file (3-may section)
#Sys.msg.Yes#      Yes

andrea.ippo

Yes, I was already, the problem was a '*' I dropped accidentally before pasting your latest updates in the lng file.
It's fine now, thanks

andrea.ippo

AI1 - What about the column headers in the DSP Plugins section of the EQ? (name - description - file).
AI2 - And also the 'Native' string characterizing MB's built-in Stereo Enhancer plugin
AI3 - The value of the 'Lyrics?' tag doesn't seem to be localized (e.g. 'Y [synched]')
AI4 - Preferences-> Plugins: if you disable the last.fm plugin, a non-localized '(disabled)' string appears
Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 12:30:57 PM by andrea.ippo

boroda

AI1 - What about the column headers in the DSP Plugins section of the EQ? (name - description - file).
See my previous post. Issue #43.

AI2 - And also the 'Native' string characterizing MB's built-in Stereo Enhancer plugin
Let it be issue #53.

AI3 - The value of the 'Lyrics?' tag doesn't seem to be localized (e.g. 'Y [synched]')
Yes, tag values are not localized. Issue #54.

AI4 - Preferences-> Plugins: if you disable the last.fm plugin, a non-localized '(disabled)' string appears
If you disable any plugin. Issue #55.

---------------------------------

PS: is this the right place to discuss such issues also for non-russian translations?

I suggest, yes, at this moment. Steven, I suggest Localization board should be better structured. I propose the following structure:

#1. 'Official localizations' child board. Should contain topics for each official localization (eg. 'Russian', 'German', etc.). Topics must be created by admins. 1st post must have link to latest localization (so users can easily find it without need to browse whole topic) and info about date of last modification, min and max MB version which is required and supports latest localization. Topics are intended only for feedback from end users.

#2. I've noticed that German localization already is in 2 versions. I don't think this situation is abnormal. Different users may want different wording of translation (even for UK-English). So 'Alternative localizations' child board may be created. Topics must be created by translators and named like 'Russian (by user123)'. Appropriate .lng files must be named according to topic subject. 1st post must have link to latest localization and info about date of last modification, min and max MB version which is required and supports latest localization. Topics are intended only for feedback from end users.

#3. 'Staff only' child board. Should contain 2 topics created by admins: 'MB localization support issues' (like issues section of my posts) for all languages and 'MB strings context clarifications' for all languages (like questions section of my posts). These 2 topics are intended for conversation between translators and Steven. Also translators may create their own topics for discussing issues and translation suggestions for specific language.

Probably child boards #1 and #2 should be created later after all translations in progress are finished.

Feature proposition: it may be convenient for end users if link to appropriate translation topic of this forum (for used localization) will be placed in the 'About box' of MB.
Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 05:14:55 PM by boroda74

Steven

• Administrator
.exe to support the below:
http://www.mediafire.com/?be8qk5l5wieklul

incremental english file:
http://www.mediafire.com/?qmykwzs33dh323l

!Main.menu.FMiL#   Find More '{0}' in Library
What is {0}? I neen full phrase eg. {0} is “<tag name>” or “artist ‘<artist tag value>’”.
its the text of what was clicked on, so if you click on an artist name, its the artist name

!Rip.msg.no#      no
What is ‘no’? No tracks, no information, MB shouldn’t do something?
its displayed in the track list panel in the HDCD column - no means its not HDCD formatted

!tTag.msg.Sewe{#   Searching web '{0}'
What is {0}? Track title?
artist - title

!Main.menu.Folder...#   Folder...
I can't locate 'Download To' submenu in UI to see the submenu items, I can only locate 'Download' item (not submenu). Need to repeat my question: what items may be shown next to ‘Folder…’ item in ‘Download to’ submenu (I need to check if translation of these items is appropriate to parent 'Download to' menu)?
open a web page from the toolbar eg. http://fluxblog.org/
MB will scan the files into a list, select one, right click/ download to/ folder...
clicking folder... will open a windows dialog to select a folder

------------------------------------

New issues (and reported but still not fixed issues):

41. done - no action required by you
42. done - no action required by you
43. done
44. fixed - no action required by you
45. i have localised unknown now
46. done
47. done
48. not done
49. not done
50. not done and not planning to change that
51. done
52. not done
25. not planning to change the current behavior
37. are you sure you still want it in lower case? - i changed the minimise to: from a set of radio buttons to a combo-box with the items now with casing
32. ok for me - it shows only when you are shutting down after a number of minutes
33. not done
56. not done
57. not done
Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 09:26:08 PM by Steven

boroda

37. are you sure you still want it in lower case? - i changed the minimise to: from a set of radio buttons to a combo-box with the items now with casing
I think, yes. Although its acceptable for Russian to use capitalized form of 'Compact player' in this context, I'd like to keep .lng file structured (for now mini-player has special string in prefs and compact player doesn't).

32. ok for me - it shows only when you are shutting down after a number of minutes
Steven, sorry for my English, I meant that MB doesn't use string !AutoSD.493A25AE# from .lng file, i.e. that this string is not localized.

boroda

Questions:

!Main.chan.10#  Dual
What’s the difference between ‘stereo’ and ‘dual’?

ts the text of what was clicked on, so if you click on an artist name, its the artist name
May be it would be convenient for users to use tag name also like in command “Play {0} ’{1}’ Now”?

---------------------------------------

Issues:

43. Equalizer settings window: column headers, tooltips ‘Move up/down ranking’ are not localized.

58. Tag inspector is not localized (including tooltips) except for tag names.

59. Tag editor: properties/volume leveling: ‘track:’, ‘album:’, ‘#dB’ are not localized.

60. Right-click on player controls/Shuffle settings: 'Turn shuffle on/Turn shuffle off' is not localized.

61. Open some page by internal browser: ‘Scanning for music files’, ‘Scanning # of #’, ‘Waiting for some_url’ are not localized.

62. Open some page by internal browser: see list of music files at bottom. If a file is unavailable then file size ‘N/A’ is not localized.

63. Open custom search menu: in names of saved custom searches, conditions (eg. “<translated ‘Album artist’> <untranslated ‘is null’>”) are not localized.

64. Auto-tag by track, find missing artwork: word ‘px’  is not localized. Suggest using string Sys.ctl.2682CE6A should be acceptable.

65. Podcast directory window is not localized.

66. Show recently added files so no files match the criteria. See text in track list: “<translated ‘no files’> <untranslated ‘have been added …’>”. The same for all filters when no files matches criteria.

67. Library statistics window: # tracks/# artists/# genres/duration (# m, #d, # years)/size (# GB)/# plays are not localized.
Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 10:59:01 AM by boroda74

Steven

• Administrator
incremental additions to english.dat (see after 11-may-2011)
http://www.mediafire.com/?40ebapv4jk454qp
new exe to support the changes:
http://www.mediafire.com/?3p1oe258aq31hqn

!Main.chan.10#  Dual
What’s the difference between ‘stereo’ and ‘dual’?
i have never seen dual actually used for mp3 files and i dont know the precise definition, so suggest you just use stereo
ts the text of what was clicked on, so if you click on an artist name, its the artist name
May be it would be convenient for users to use tag name also like in command “Play {0} ’{1}’ Now”?
{0} = the clicked text

32. its ok from my tests
37. lower case mini-player is no longer used (i put those radio buttons into a drop-down combo box in mixed case)
43-67 all done