Author Topic: Translator Q&A  (Read 470491 times)

Roadrunner

From hiccups missing translations, I also don't find "< 10 secs" (the others work fine with the latest translation file)
In addition, I miss the translation possibilities for the file popup window header "Choose the target file..."
And the text for #NPL.ctl.8EB6C56F# (in German "Titel-Eigenschaften anzeigen") in front of #NPL.msg.pdfindic# ("show PDF file indicator") will be truncated, because it is longer than the English text.

hiccup

From hiccups missing translations, I also don't find "< 10 secs" (the others work fine with the latest translation file)
Do you mean that all the other ones I reported missing under 2. work for you and are in your translation file?

Roadrunner

Do you mean that all the other ones I reported missing under 2. work for you and are in your translation file?
Yep, exactly - all of them are part of the latest new.txt file in the MusicBee 3.5-topic (https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=36464.msg199822#msg199822) and MB 3.5.8146 shows the translated text.

hiccup

Yep, exactly - all of them are part of the latest new.txt file in the MusicBee 3.5-topic (https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=36464.msg199822#msg199822) and MB 3.5.8146 shows the translated text.
Thnx, not sure how this has happened, but in the process of updating and combining the separate translation files (extensively using Notepad++ and Excel), I must have made some strange mistake.

Steven

• Administrator
- right click/ "Add to Playlist" is now "Include in Playlist" where you can now add or remove the selected track from playlists
Just to be sure, is that: #XBOX.menu.AddToPlay# ?
yes - its in the v3.5 file already

I can't find these ones in the translator file:
< 10 secs diff
added in the next update as
#Main.menu.l10secs#   (< 10 secs diff)

Would it be possible to produce a list of all current translation codes?
It can be a raw list, only containing all #.....# strings that are loaded by MusicBee 3.5.
It would be helpful in creating/updating a complete but concise baseline xml for MB 3.5, without it containing baggage from older versions and duplicates that have been renamed/repurposed over the years.
its not straight-forward and requires coding to do that so wont promise. A similar exercise was done a couple of years ago and should have already weeded out the bulk of the unneeded items

Steven

• Administrator
In addition, I miss the translation possibilities for the file popup window header "Choose the target file..."
its already in the complete list of translations file as
#Main.menu.RFiInCT#   Choose the target file...

Steven

• Administrator
And the text for #NPL.ctl.8EB6C56F# (in German "Titel-Eigenschaften anzeigen") in front of #NPL.msg.pdfindic# ("show PDF file indicator") will be truncated, because it is longer than the English text.
in the next update if it overflows into the contrast boxes, it moves the field to the next line

hiccup

its not straight-forward and requires coding to do that so wont promise. A similar exercise was done a couple of years ago and should have already weeded out the bulk of the unneeded items
Yes, that exercise surely helped in weeding out several hundred obsolete lines.
But if I am correct that was some five years ago, and I suspect another couple of dozen entries have become obsolete over that period of time.

Anyway, it's not essential, since most existing translations will already have done the work on translating those and it won't make much of a difference that those are obsolete now.
But it would be helpful to prevent users starting a new translation doing unnecessary work on obsolete lines.
And it could also save currently active translators from possibly re-reviewing obsolete lines and putting work into improving them.

F.w.i.w. I intend to post an updated 'baseline' translation file for MusicBee 3.5 anytime soon that should be helpful to new—and existing—translators.
So an update by publishing all current functional translation lines would possibly benefit both currently active and future translators/translations.
Last Edit: April 28, 2022, 09:46:10 PM by hiccup

Roadrunner

Thanks Steven for the fast adjustments 8) and indeed, #Main.menu.RFiInCT# has been in the file for about 10 years, but the tag had a small typo in the German one and nobody asked for a correction in this long time ???

hiccup

'by' is missing from the theater mode part of the translation file.

hiccup

'You might need to whitelist MusicBee in your security software' is missing from the translation file.

Havokdan

A question, how do you do the translations? Just edit in notepad? Any more efficient method?

boroda

hiccup

The latest translator file has:

! help/ support/ view error log/ Save
#Main.msg.SavFileTo#   Save file to...

When I open 'View error log', I only see three buttons: [Reset log]  [Save]  [Close]
Where or how is 'Save file to…' to be found?

phred

• Global Moderator
Where or how is 'Save file to…' to be found?
Are you referring to this?
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here