Author Topic: Move MB to new computer with the same structure  (Read 3482 times)

Eyal

Hello, I want to move MB to a new laptop with the same structure.
Its Win10 on both laptops.
Also, this mean I will install MB on C drive and all my music DB will be on D drive.
What is the best way to do it ?
Thank you !! Eyal

frankz

Export your layout from the old MB (View->Import/Export) (I don't think settings are compatible cross-system)
Install MB on the new system
Copy your entire library database folder from old to new IN THE SAME LOCATION.  Do not change any file names or locations.  If it was C:\Musicbee\Library on the old it must be this on the new.
Copy your music files from old to new IN THE SAME LOCATION. Do not change any file names or locations. If it was D:\Music on the old it must be this on the new.
Import your layout into the new MB install (View->Import/Export)
Open your music library MBL file on the new system

phred

• Global Moderator
Or, if you're using the Portable version, simply copy from the old laptop to the new one and nothing else is needed.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I just moved to a new laptop myself and it's basically like frankz says. I made sure that my username was the same on both systems, I copied over all the audio files from Music to Music, and I copied three specific folders to the new computer:

The Library folder (where the .mbl is)
The AppData folder
The Program Files folder

I did this after installing MB on the new system, so I could be sure I was overwriting the files that were created during installation. When I next started MusicBee up, it was exactly where I'd left it on the old system, right down to the spot that the currently playing track was paused.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)