Author Topic: Using Icon in Highlighting Feature (Alignment Issue)  (Read 3503 times)

G-Power

Hey.
So I just found out I could highlight tracks corresponding to certain criteria. First, that doesn't work as the tracks corresponding to these criteria are not completely highlighted; there is only a little coloured square where the "like" button should be positioned.
Here's a screenshot:

But, for instance, I am not interested in highlighting my tracks with colours because I think that would be a bit overwhelming. I rather want to have an icon displayed for certain tracks. So, when I pick an icon, here's what happens:

The icon is covering the "like" button. I would like it to be aligned to the right rather than to the left, and I don't see why it's not this way by default.

Thanks.   : )

phred

• Global Moderator
First, that doesn't work as the tracks corresponding to these criteria are not completely highlighted; there is only a little coloured square where the "like" button should be positioned.
If you check the "+ text?" box in the highlighting rules editor the text will be highlighted. But I believe this will only appear in the Track Details view and not the Artwork view as in your screenshot. It -may- work in Albums I& Tracks view, so I suggest you test it.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

G-Power

If you check the "+ text?" box in the highlighting rules editor the text will be highlighted. But I believe this will only appear in the Track Details view and not the Artwork view as in your screenshot. It -may- work in Albums I& Tracks view, so I suggest you test it.
Yes, this highlights the text for the track both in album+track view and in track-details view. It's just that I thought that the actual rectangle surrounding the track title would be coloured (the paler area in my previous screenshot). In fact, I like it better when the text is highlighted. It's pretty neat.
But, for my second issue, I assume I can't have the icon displayed on the right when I'm in album view(?), which bothers me a bit because it covers the "like" button.

The reason why I want an icon displayed on certain tracks is that I want to be able to spot explicit tracks to remind me to censure them and/or to warn me not to play them when I'm deejaying. Here's a snapshot of Spotify:

See how there's the word "explicit" captured in a rectangle aligned on the right side of explicit tracks? I would like something similar in Musicbee, but just an E icon, such as that on the Spotify web player (see screenshot below).

Is it possible, at all, to achieve such an effect in album-track view in Musicbee?

Thanks a lot!

phred

• Global Moderator
Is it possible, at all, to achieve such an effect in album-track view in Musicbee?
No, it's not possible.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

G-Power

Okay. Thanks for saving a lot of my time, then!  : )
Your help was very much appreciated. 👍

G-Power

In fact, is there a place where I can suggest this feature for later Musicbee versions?

phred

• Global Moderator
You can post in the Wishlist section. There are no guarantees. It's up to Steven to decide whether or not he wants to implement.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

G-Power

hiccup

No, it's not possible.

I beg to differ… :

You can accomplish this by creating a custom tag <Explicit>, and a virtual tag that you use to display the field in Album and Tracks.
E.g. something like:

Code
$IsNull(<Explicit>,,{color: 188,0,0}{font: Segoe UI Symbol;Regular;15}" ⮽ ⮾ 🄴")

For a song that you consider explicit, enter something (anything) in the custom tag <Explicit>.
Then the virtual tag <Explicit¨>  (note the added umlaut at the end, so it's name doesn't conflict with the custom tag) will display the required icon for all songs that have anything present in the custom tag.

Depending on how large you want the 'icon' (it's actually a glyph) to display, you may want to enlarge MusicBee's default font to make enough room for it.
Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 09:04:45 PM by hiccup

G-Power

You can accomplish this by creating a custom tag <Explicit>, and a virtual tag that you use to display the field in Album and Tracks.
Interesting! How do I create this virtual tag from here (see screenshot below)?

Thanks, Hiccup.

G-Power

Oh, I see. I enter the formula in the formula field, LOL.
What's the "identifier" thing all about? Can I just ignore it?

G-Power

hiccup

Oh, I see. I enter the formula in the formula field, LOL.
What's the "identifier" thing all about? Can I just ignore it?

The top part of your screenshot is referring to custom tags.
If you are not yet familiar with those you'll have to do some reading first.

Unless you are already using an existing tag for 'explicit'. Then you can just forget about using a custom tag for it.

hiccup

Hiccup, the body of your post (09:42:03) is empty.

There is a screenshot in it. I checked.
If you don't see it there's something wrong.