Author Topic: Copy Failed-Year, Month, Day parameters describe an un-representable DateTime  (Read 4760 times)

rak

I found one post about this.  It was from 2012, with no answer.  I have this issue with one track, a podcast.  Everything else synced fine.  I've used several tag editors to try and figure out what the year, month, day issue is with no luck.  Anyone else?  Solution?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
So this happened while you were trying to sync? Steven may be able to make sense of it, but it would probably be helpful to have the full error text.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

phred

• Global Moderator
What version of MB are you using? (Help > About)
How was MB installed? (Installer, Portable, Store)

Where were you copying from and to? And how?
Have you tried looking with the Tag Inspector?
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

abaez

I have this same error. Here's the full text: https://i.imgur.com/WIWpPkd.png

Using the newest musicbee portable version 3.3.7491, syncing from my PC to my phone as I have done for many years.

It's only happening with three files out of several hundred. I have tried looking at the tags, file properties, everything I can think of. Nothing seems to fix it.

Steven

• Administrator

abaez

I figured it out. The year tag was set to 0000. I guess Musicbee doesn't like that.

Folksong

Just wandering in to say this is still an issue. I had it on a podcast and the year was set to 0000 in the tags. But all I was asking it to do is transfer the file to the device, so there's no reason for MusicBee to worry about whether the year is valid.

Steven

• Administrator
I cant think of any reason the value of the Year tag would matter to musicbee itself - its probably the device throwing an error. Do you have an entry in the error log (help/ support/ view error log)

Folksong

Thanks for the response, here's what's in the log:

7/28/2023 11:36:45 PM - Copy D:\iTunes Music\Music\MusicBee\Podcasts\If Books Could Kill\Liberal Fascism.mp3 to vĂ­voactive 4\Primary\Podcasts\Liberal Fascism.mp3
7/28/2023 11:36:45 PM - Year, Month, and Day parameters describe an un-representable DateTime.

Folksong

Also I tried copying the rejected file to the device in Windows and it worked, so I don't think the error is coming from the device. It's an MTP device, and I'm synchronizing with "preserve folders and filenames" selected in the options. Probably it's reading the tags in case the other option "use naming template" is selected.

Steven

• Administrator
its a bit of a mystery. Could you use this version and send me the new info in the error log
https://mega.nz/file/ksNyVRwQ#mJxDlLaIShp9z0Nt1AxkerupbLEpM9yZq3Jd9JmyKCY
unzip and replace musicbee.exe

edit:
i think i found where the error occurs
https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee35_Patched.zip
unzip and replace the existing musicbee application files
Last Edit: July 29, 2023, 01:06:26 PM by Steven

Folksong

I jumped straight to MusicBee35_Patched. Seems to fix the issue. Thanks!

It looks like every episode of the "If Books Could Kill" podcast has the issue, so it's a good one to test with.

I did see find this in the log after synchronizing, not sure what it was referring to:

7/29/2023 1:05:34 PM - 10.0.19045.0 - 3.5.8610.39724D - System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added.
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add)
   at #=zmPK226QV1w4CypcUm4X3jjESCi4X.#=z7JUztxN9Hdma(String #=zbquJf56__00M)
   at #=zmPK226QV1w4CypcUm4X3jjESCi4X.#=zqN31dDY=(#=z5ggDNgtG00c6RitqnwTc4vM= #=z$jCxNj0=)
   at #=zSSU$7tRoCmpjsQ46GjOSdm0=.#=zqN31dDY=()
   at #=zJOyG7Q4lFlS8Fj75vje6_B0=.#=z3LyCDGtPX2IL(#=z6xZcNeM= #=zxrgvkx0=)