Author Topic: Music tracks not playing  (Read 1829 times)

junkdiver

I had ripped an album (first CD of four) and had every track playing. After ripping the second CD I ran into problems with the album (directory) name on my hard drive. After resolving the conflicts I found that some tracks on the first CD played w/sound but other tracks would play but with no sound. I have tried playing tracts with no sound on another media player and again no sound. What setting would have the affect of preventing the sound of a tract?
Also is there a comprehensive manual on operating MB. I've had MB for a while but in trying to learn the operation I'm causing more problems/screw ups as flounder through the software.
Last Edit: January 03, 2021, 11:48:50 PM by junkdiver

phred

• Global Moderator
At this point the most comprehensive guide is the Wiki, coupled with the forum. Link to the Wiki is in my sig.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

junkdiver

Now I have a new problem. I had deleted the second CD, then renamed the remaining files to the correct title then did a "Scan for new files". Picked the CD directory and 2 copies of the album showed up. Titles of songs reflect the old title "TRACK##" and not the title on the hard drive. If I delete either album both are deleted. I'm at loss as to where to go from here!?
Apparently there is still data retained after the the albums are deleted from the Library or deleted from both library and computer.

phred

• Global Moderator
What version of MB are you using? (Help > About)
How was MB installed? (Installer, Portable, Store)

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

junkdiver

Version 3.3.7602 (with the latest patch) and installed with installer. Files are WAV format.
Last Edit: January 04, 2021, 04:44:09 PM by junkdiver

junkdiver

So no one has a clue as to solving this problem?

I have copied these 2 directories to another drive and deleted them from library & computer. From past experience, I know that if I put the directory back on the media drive and "Scan folders for new files,"  MB retains the old information and will reinstall the previous problems. Is there a way to purge the previous data of these files/directory from MB?

sveakul

Before doing a rescan, do Tools/Advanced/Compress Library.  When that finishes, restart MB and then rescan all files.  Results?

If you exit MusicBee and delete the files "MusicBeeLibrary.mbl" and "MusicBeeLibrary.bak" in the Library folder, all information about your file paths, names, and tags will be gone.  This would purge ALL your files info though, not just problem ones, and require that you let MB create a new library on its next start.  Which might be the best thing actually.

junkdiver

As I stated in the previous thread I copied the album directories to another drive and then in MB I deleted the music from the library and computer.

I followed your suggestion and "Compressed the Library" with statement appearing at bottom "No files removed." I restarted MB with the albums re-appearing with song titles.
Next I did a "Rescan All Files" with it halting at "344 of 1895". I waited for a while to let it finish but it never got past 344. I let it go overnight and still ended up with same result.

I've gone through the steps a couple of times and still get the same results.
Thanks for your reply.
Last Edit: January 13, 2021, 04:04:11 PM by junkdiver

phred

• Global Moderator
Next I did a "Rescan All Files" with it halting at "344 of 1895". I waited for a while to let it finish but it never got past 344. I let it go overnight and still ended up with same result.
You have a file that is corrupt. If the files are MP3, you can download and use mp3val to track down the problem file and possibly fix it. Someone else should be able to recommend a similar application for FLAC files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

junkdiver

All files are WAV format.
Also in a previous thread I stated that i'm having a problem with playing files. Under one album I can play a wav file and have sound, if I pick the next file the graphics show the file playing but there is NO sound. I have tried playing the same files with VLC and I get the same result. What is preventing the sound  on certain wav files.
Thanks for your reply.

phred

• Global Moderator
The fact that you've tested the same file with two players and get the same results leads me to believe what I said before. You have files that are corrupt.
http://letmegooglethat.com/?q=corrupt+wav+file
Last Edit: January 13, 2021, 09:40:15 PM by phred

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

hiccup

All files are WAV format.

Why?

It's far from an ideal format to use in any music player/manager.

junkdiver

hiccup

flac

How is it that you have wav files for your music library?

junkdiver

I was more familiar with wav files. Not aware of flac format.
Have to do some research on the format.
Thanks for your post.