Author Topic: Updaing Album Art: "Invalid Picture" and assorted "Access is denied errors."  (Read 4857 times)

joe6pac

I'm a new user to MusicBee using Windows 10.  When adding Album Art, at times, I would encounter "Invalid Picture" and "Access is denied" messages.   I reinstalled MusicBee several times; once via the Microsoft Store, but to no avail, the problem was persistent.  Then by chance, I discovered and resolved the problem.  As it turned out, while reviewing the permissions my music folder (_MP3_Music), I discovered one user was not set correctly; no Modify or Write privileges.  Once I corrected to Full control, it's been smooth sailing ever since!  

The same condition was discovered on my laptop; resolved using the same solution!

joe6pac

MujikMusical

wow, that's great. Thank you for sharing this tip with us. For sure this must be helpful to others especially like me who is a newbie.

phred

• Global Moderator
You'd both be better off using the frequently updated Portable version. As long as you place it outside of a Windows controlled directory (such as x:\MusicBee) no permissions are necessary.
Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 12:59:02 PM by phred
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

frankz

I don't know if that applies here as it was music files and not mb library files that lacked proper permissions.

joe6pac

Initially, I thought I had a buggy product. Other posts referenced this problem, but their solutions didn't work for me.  I read that support was unable to assist because no problem found (worked as should). The errors didn't happen every time, but enough to be troublesome.  My situation is resolved, finally; now a happy camper.   MB now works like a champ!  Love the program!  May save someone else lots of time and frustration.

joe6pac

MujikMusical

Initially, I thought I had a buggy product. Other posts referenced this problem, but their solutions didn't work for me.  I read that support was unable to assist because no problem found (worked as should). The errors didn't happen every time, but enough to be troublesome.  My situation is resolved, finally; now a happy camper.   MB now works like a champ!  Love the program!  May save someone else lots of time and frustration.

Great, that's good to hear then. Congrats.. Well, honestly that's why I really love MusicBee for it is user-friendly.

joe6pac

You'd both be better off using the frequently updated Portable version. As long as you place it outside of a Windows controlled directory (such as x:\MusicBee) no permissions are necessary.

That's useful information, but as a newbie, how would one reasonable come to that conclusion?  You're speaking as an insider.  Three download options were offered, but the reasons to chose one over the others wasn't apparent, so the first choice must be the default, right?  Seemed logical to me.  The bottom line is, I found the problem and now MB works great.  Thanks!
joe6pac