Author Topic: [Solved] [7628] Unchecked double-click action in album view but it still works  (Read 4748 times)

theta_wave

Bug: Double clicking an album under album view takes me out of album view to an "album and tracks" view showing all of the album's tracks, which can already be viewed in album view when single clicking an album (showing the tracks "directly under the selected album or artist"). I have to perform another click on the back arrow to take me back to the album view. The options under "customise panel" and panel settings are provided below.

Expected: Double clicking an album under album view plays the album (I think this was the old setting, no?) or does nothing per the settings.

Comments: I feel that double-clicking the album under album view that takes the user out of the present view to another view showing only that album is a little jarring and requires an additional click to bring back the previous view. Furthermore, I feel it is a bit redundant if the setting for showing the tracks "directly under the selected album or artist" is already selected as shown in my "customise panel" setting.

Thank you for looking into this issue.

Last Edit: January 10, 2021, 09:31:32 AM by theta_wave

Steven

• Administrator

theta_wave

Hi Steven,

I'm using the latest patch version as stated in the topic title: 3.4.7628 P

Steven

• Administrator

sveakul

Hi Steven,

I'm using the latest patch version as stated in the topic title: 3.4.7628 P

I'm using 3.4.7679 P, so you should update to the latest patch version as Steven indicated.

theta_wave

I'm using 3.4.7679 P, so you should update to the latest patch version as Steven indicated.
Where did you get that? The latest patch version in the 3.4 thread is 7628 from Nov. 19, 2020: https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=32142.msg183458#msg183458

theta_wave

https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee34_Patched.zip
unzip and replace the existing musicbee application files
Thanks Steven.

So, I looked at my MusicBee3Settings.ini prior to applying your patch and it read:

Code
<CoversDoubleClickPlayAlbum>false</CoversDoubleClickPlayAlbum>

However, as shown in my first post, the custom views setting for album art had the option "directly under the selected album or artist" selected for the "show tracks" checkbox. After applying the 7680 patch and restarting Musicbee, the custom views setting for album art correctly had the option "in a separate panel (double click)" selected. Selecting the option "directly under the selected album or artist" brought back the expected behavior.

After closing 7680 patch, the MusicBee3Settings.ini changed the above setting line to the following:

Code
<CoversDoubleClickPlayAlbum>true</CoversDoubleClickPlayAlbum>

Problem solved. Thanks again Steven!

phred

• Global Moderator
Where did you get that? The latest patch version in the 3.4 thread is 7628 from Nov. 19, 2020
What's in that thread are not "daily" patches. Those are beta releases that incorporate previous patches. You can always get the latest patch from my signature. Or psychoadept's. You can also bookmark the link in my sig and keep it hand. Personally I find it better to follow the forum to see what fixes/changes are incorporated in the new patches.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

theta_wave

What's in that thread are not "daily" patches. Those are beta releases that incorporate previous patches. You can always get the latest patch from my signature. Or psychoadept's. You can also bookmark the link in my sig and keep it hand. Personally I find it better to follow the forum to see what fixes/changes are incorporated in the new patches.
I think I should have been more clear. What I meant to say is that the patch link was not apparent from any of the links in the "Latest Version" subforum, either in the "Musicbee 3.4 Links" or the "MusicBee 3 Latest Patch Version" threads (the latter of which display outdated links directed to the niblseed hoster). When I was more active on here, I used to use the niblseed.com link to grab the latest daily patch version, but that hoster is no longer available. I also looked at the Bug Reports and Developers' Area for any pinned "latest patch" threads to no avail. The pinned "BEFORE YOU POST - READ THIS" thread in this subforum also does not have the link for the latest patch. So, after reasonable diligence, there was no clear way for me to find the daily patch link without it being provided to me first.

Sorry, despite being a veteran here (remember, you asked me to contribute to the wiki in the past), but a rather inactive one for the past couple of years, I didn't know that I had to go search for your and psychoadept's sigs since I was only focused on the bug forum. Personally, I think that the patch links should be included in a thread in the "Latest Version" subforum and/or in the pinned "BEFORE YOU POST - READ THIS" thread. It seems rather unobvious and cumbersome to go hunt for the sigs of certain members to obtain the daily patch link.
Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 08:20:05 PM by theta_wave