Author Topic: Wrong icon sourced for Now Playing?  (Read 5291 times)

hiccup

'Now Playing' in the navigator panel uses the PlaylistNowPlayingIcon instead of the NowPlayingIcon when both icons are present in the xml.
If 'PlaylistNowPlayingIcon' is not present in the xml, NowPlayingIcon is used. (correctly)

Is PlaylistNowPlayingIcon obsolete?

Steven

• Administrator
As implemented both refer to the same icon and doing a google search, it seems they were added at different times but refer to the same thing.
You can use one or the other. The last one that is referenced in your skin is the one that would be actually used.
I will leave both id's in as different skins might be using either one.

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
IIRC pre 3.0 PlaylistNowPlayingIcon (if present) would override NowPlayingIcon in the tab header
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

hiccup

IIRC pre 3.0 PlaylistNowPlayingIcon (if present) would override NowPlayingIcon in the tab header

Could well be, I don't remember.
I do remember in the old days 'now playing' resided in the playlist node. Later on it was upgraded to the library node.
That is probably the cause of this entanglement.

I just tried using both elements and switching their order around, but indeed now when both are present in the xml, both for the left Navigator panel and for the tabs, only the last one in the order of the xml is used.

So it is probably best to just consider "PlaylistNowPlayingIcon" as obsolete.