Author Topic: Autosaving of running state  (Read 1456 times)

Justin34

I've run into this problem may times in the past and would welcome a toggleable option to enable saving the current state of musicbee. If Musicbee is not closed gracefully and is in a playing or paused state the current track that was being played or on is not saved. So once Musicbee is re-opened it only remembers the track that was being played when it was gracefully closed.

Example(s):
1. Play album XYZ with X(i.e. 96) tracks part of the album.
2. Note down current playing or paused track
2. Close Musicbee gracefully.
3. Re-open Musicbee and it compare previous played track it will be the same no issues.

Desired state:
1. Play album XYZ with X(i.e. 96) tracks part of the album.
2. Note down current playing or paused track
2. Close Musicbee ungracefully (i.e. task manager kill process)
3. Re-open Musicbee and it compare previous played track it will not be the same it will be a track from before it closed gracefully.

phred

• Global Moderator
Curiosity begs me to ask this question- how many times have you had to use Task Manager to get out of MB? And why?

I've been using MB for over ten years and I can't imagine I had to crash out of it more than five or six times.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Justin34

Hmm it was just a bad example, I've never actually used task manager to kill MB as as you said MB is pretty reliable and does not really crash/freeze. The problems I have is related to Windows 10 stability and it crashing/BSOD requiring a hard reset. The various other applications I have generally restore there state when I re-launch them so it's not that much of a problem would just be great to also have this in MB as well.

phred

• Global Moderator
Understood.

Just a suggestion - perhaps you should look into the causes of your blue screens. Maybe a drive is getting ready to give up its ghost. Or you've got some bad RAM. I can see why you're asking Steven to put some of his time into this, but I think you're ignoring the underlying issue.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

The Incredible Boom Boom

MusicBee crashes relatively frequently for me, but it does a relatively good job of keeping up with updates to the *Settings.ini file, although I have had occasions where I've had to redo things.

I believe my crashes are related to the EXE being on a networked computer, though.