The functions that update tags, including the tag editor now have the following functionality:
- when the selected files are loaded and displayed in the dialog window, MB now checks for missing and read-only files
- if any are found an alert icon shows by the Proceed button
- if you click Proceed when there are missing files, an error message will show, listing all those file names and MB will not proceed any further
- if you click Proceed when there are read-only files, a prompt will show to allow MB to update the files. If you choose no, the function will not proceed any further
- when saving files, if any file save error occurs eg. file is locked by another application, a dialog box will show details of the file(s) not saved
For the tag editor only, currently MB compares the cached file modification date with the actual file modification time and shows an alert to rescan the file if MB's version is out of date. That doesnt work so well with files saved on (linux?) servers.
The latest version still compares the dates but when different now compares the file data with the cached data and only shows the alert if any fields are different in value. Those different values are displayed in the tag editor as field modifications but you still need to click save for MB's cached version to be updated.https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee34_Patched.zip