Author Topic: Replace File - all occurences in playlists with different file URL only ?  (Read 1175 times)

alec.tron

Heya,
I just came across: RightClick file - Send To -> Folder (Replace) -> Replace the selected file...
But this takes the pointed to file, replaces it in the files' location AND all occurences in playlists.

Whereas I was / am after only the second part... i.e. I want the pointed to file NOT to be moved or renamed, but only:
a)  for all occurences in playlists to be swapped out
b) and potentially all MB history transferred over to the new/better file (although it does get a bit tricky/muddy here as often both files exist in the MB library at the same time...[interestingly, this (merging 2 files in the library into one, whereas the file that is moved takes on the attributes of the overwritten and looses its' own...) already works with the current -> Replace the selected file... - whereas the fileB gaving been moved from its' original location, also gets removed from the library...)

Does this ( a) ) functionality I am after maybe exist already ?

Cheers.
c.

ps. one work around would be to delete the 'old' file, and use the dead link functionality... but wondering if there's a more 'direct' approach I might have missed

frankz

I've been upgrading my mp3s to flac recently. 

What I've done is to use the Additional Tagging Tools plugin to copy my relevant tags (Date Added, Last Played, Play Count, Rating, etc.) from the mp3s to the flacs album by album, manually add the flacs to the relevant playlists by eye, and then delete the mp3s.  It works well. 

alec.tron

manually add the flacs to the relevant playlists by eye, and then delete the mp3s.  It works well. 
Thanks for the tip - but that's exactly what I want to avoid as files usually live in a few to dozen playlists at mine, and manually can be very annoying & time consuming.
Cheers.
c.