Author Topic: Need Help with folder View.  (Read 897 times)

The

I am new to music bee and I wanted to try it out since I have heard that music bee has a folder view option that can be extreamely useful for me since I have all my music set up in folders. Upon trying it out I have found some shortcomings that I need help solving. How exactly do I go about making it so music bee only scans a specific folder that is in my desktop and not my entire C drive? I don't wanna go through deep into my C drive every time I want to get to my music folder. This makes it all look like a cluttered mess with the unnecessary folders that I dont need at all showing. Here are some things I have tried doing.

The "Choose Filter Folders" in the "manage folders" section. I was unable filter the folder I wanted to show since it was on my desktop. sincer I was unable to go past my "user" or "C:\Users"

Please help me because if I can get this to work. I think this music player will be replacing foobar if this problem can be solved somehow.

The

Alright, I just fixed it on my own, and this solution is kinda annoying but it works just fine, however it is very very annoying to set up and I feel like it could have been done better if it was implemented in a better way. My fix was to go into "Choose Filter Folders" and uncheck all the unneeded folders that checked and then get out of that menu and it will show the folders that are within that last folder that you kept checked, will pop up then. and you will need to repeat this process until you get to your desired folder you wanted to filter through. While I wish that it was the other way around such as. leaving every folder unnchecked and then going in to check the folders to the path you wanted it to filter. I suppose that it is what it is and we will just have to live iwth it. unless someone can tell me of a better method of going about this or if this is the only method I could find then they should probably update it to be the way I listed it should be, I find that it might make the expirence a little bit easier. Then again, im not the developer here.

phred

• Global Moderator
You can set up specific directories to monitor. Either at startup only, or continuously. Preferences > Library > monitored folders.

I also suggest you start searching the forum before asking questions. Also spend some time looking over the Wiki since you'll find many answers there and not have to post something that's been asked over and over again.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

hiccup

I am new to music bee and I wanted to try it out since I have heard that music bee has a folder view option

MusicBee is never promoted as being a folder player.
The intended use is to have your music library well tagged so when you have your music folders scanned (or continuously monitored) the possibilities the metadata (tags) make available are pretty much limitless.

Maybe I misunderstand what you are expecting, but if it is a folder player you probably shouldn't be looking at MusicBee.

frankz

Alright, I just fixed it on my own, and this solution is kinda annoying but it works just fine, however it is very very annoying to set up and I feel like it could have been done better if it was implemented in a better way. My fix was to go into "Choose Filter Folders" and uncheck all the unneeded folders that checked and then get out of that menu and it will show the folders that are within that last folder that you kept checked, will pop up then. and you will need to repeat this process until you get to your desired folder you wanted to filter through. While I wish that it was the other way around such as. leaving every folder unnchecked and then going in to check the folders to the path you wanted it to filter. I suppose that it is what it is and we will just have to live iwth it. unless someone can tell me of a better method of going about this or if this is the only method I could find then they should probably update it to be the way I listed it should be, I find that it might make the expirence a little bit easier. Then again, im not the developer here.
What hiccup said is good advice.

Also, you could have de-selected the entire drive at one time, then expand the drive and only select the folders you want in the filter.  If you select / de-select a drive, it selects / de-selects everything under it.  Likewise, if you select / de-select a folder, it selects / de-selects everything under it.

Maybe use MB for a few days before you start giving advice about the way things "should be."

The Incredible Boom Boom

While I wish that it was the other way around such as. leaving every folder unnchecked and then going in to check the folders to the path you wanted it to filter. I suppose that it is what it is and we will just have to live iwth it. unless someone can tell me of a better method of going about this or if this is the only method I could find then they should probably update it to be the way I listed it should be, I find that it might make the expirence a little bit easier. Then again, im not the developer here.

Yes, it would be much better if the developer implemented something simple like Preferences -> Library -> Choose Folders, instead of the way you ended up doing because you didn't look at the Wiki, search the forum, or even look through the Preferences menu, it seems.