Author Topic: Help setting up panels?  (Read 4420 times)

Greg_M

Trying to configure MusicBee and need a little direction/help.
I really like what I've seen so far.

Below is a picture of what I would like MusicBee to look like, but I'm not sure how to get there.
It's actually the way my Songbird screen looks.
The 3 fields across the top are (left to right).....

Genre - Artist - Album

The big Lower Main Panel shows the album and tracks and other details about the album picked and has selectable details.

The player controls are at the top but that doesn't matter too much to me.
When you play a track off an album, it displays the album cover at the lower left. When nothing is playing it does not show any artwork, just an empty box.

This whole screen is pretty simple. I just can't figure out the terminology and which buttons to push to set it up this way.

Can someone help?

Thanks
G

frankz

Set your library view to "Tracks," click the little box to the left of the search bar at the top right of MusicBee and select "arrange panels" and then put a check mark next to "Column Browser" on the dialog that looks like the one below.

More interface information:
https://musicbee.fandom.com/wiki/The_Anatomy_of_MusicBee
Last Edit: January 03, 2021, 03:26:11 PM by frankz

Greg_M

Amazing
Checking  "Column Browser" did 90% of what I need.
Still looking for  library view to "Tracks"....

This is excellent!
Many thanks
G

Greg_M

Got it.
Perfect.
Just a few more tweaks and I'm done.
G

Greg_M

Only thing left to do is figure out how to make the album cover in the player controls bigger.
It's really tiny now, but it is there.

Greg_M

Done and ready to rock.
Thank you very much frankz. Your help has been essential.

frankz

MujikMusical

Set your library view to "Tracks," click the little box to the left of the search bar at the top right of MusicBee and select "arrange panels" and then put a check mark next to "Column Browser" on the dialog that looks like the one below.

More interface information:
https://musicbee.fandom.com/wiki/The_Anatomy_of_MusicBee
Thanks for this. It is very helpful to me and not to mention, I am a newbie here as well. I want also to give thanks to the OP for making this thread. Finally, my confusion regarding setting up panels was answered.

Terry Walker

Never thought that It was easy, I'm bad at finding ways/solutions to solve things. I am ashamed to myself  :(