Author Topic: Playlists stop being displayed.  (Read 1783 times)

Sofocl

If you enable "playlist directory", playlists will no longer be displayed in the "navigator".

Enable "playlist directory".

Disabled "playlist directory".

To reproduce the error, you need to open the "Left main panel" with the "playlist directory" at least once, the playlists stop being displayed.
Sorry for my bad English.

Steven

• Administrator
which older version (including v3.3) was that different?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I thought that was how it was supposed to be, since they're shown in the directory?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Steven

• Administrator
I thought that was how it was supposed to be, since they're shown in the directory?
yes thats right, although i think i did give misleading information on this a long time ago

Sofocl

Yes, I understand that this is not exactly a mistake, rather illogical behavior, but I thought that it is still more suitable for a bug report than for wishlist.

Note how illogically playlists disappear and reappear when you switch from the "Music" and "Playlists" tabs to the "New Tab" where there is simply nothing to choose! So this is still a bug, please note how playlists appear again if you go from the "Now playing" or "Podcast" tab.;

Steven

• Administrator
The playlists show in the left navigator when the playlist directory panel is not visible eg. when the podcasts tab is opened.
The only place I slightly agree is not ideal is when opening a new tab but i wont change that

Sofocl

Let's separate "wishlist" and illogical behavior \ errors.

1. Wishlist
I would like the playlists to be displayed in a new tab (but you don't want that).

2. Errors\illogical behavior
You say;
The playlists show in the left navigator when the playlist directory panel is not visible eg. when the podcasts tab is opened.
but this is just not the case, and this is the error;

The same illogical / erroneous situation with the new tab.
You say;
The only place I slightly agree is not ideal is when opening a new tab

But the playlists in the new tab are still there!;

This behavior is just confusing, sometimes playlists are there, sometimes they are not.

but i wont change that
Also, once again I will ask you to add playlists to a new tab, without them it is very inconvenient and illogical, a new tab opens and there is nothing there.