Author Topic: Unable to edit tags  (Read 3110 times)

Milkthistle

Hello! when I right click on any track and click edit, nothing happens. No window is brought up or anything. Shift+Edit also does nothing. I can still edit via the auto tag feature but this is not always useful...

Nothing is read only.

I am using win 10 and version 3.0.6067

Steven

• Administrator
a screenshot of the application might help people see what the issue is

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Do you have a second monitor?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Milkthistle

I do have two monitors, I'm not sure what a screen shot will show since when I say nothing happens I mean in literaaly. but here you go: http://imgur.com/a/r7GUa

Thanks for the replies!

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Musicbee's floating windows don't automatically relocate when you move the main window from one to another, so I wondered if the edit window could have gotten "lost" on another monitor.  Just a possibility; sometimes it catches me off guard.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Milkthistle

Not finding the window lost on a different monitor.

theta_wave

I wonder if it is pop-under effect, something I experienced Mediamonkey due to an external minilyrics plugin (embedding the minilyrics window into Mediamonkey).  I never seen this behavior with Musicbee though, so I'm just spitballing here.

Anyways, in Mediamonkey, when I try to bring up an edit dialog box while said plugin was running, I see the edit dialog flash and then disappear underneath Mediamonkey's main window.  Thereafter, I cannot select anything in Mediamonkey's main window because it is expecting an input to the edit dialog, so left clicks to its title bar to move the window are nonresponsive.  I needed to use a freeware called AltDrag (https://stefansundin.github.io/altdrag/) to move Mediamonkey's window away to get to the edit dialog box.  Once I closed the box, Mediamonkey became responsive.

redwing

Also try it with a single monitor setting to see if it makes any differences.

Milkthistle

Alright dual monitor was the problem. Setting my display to single monitor, the edit tag screen appeared as normal. Setting the display back to extended desktop kept this working. Not sure why but ok!

Thanks peeps.

Wish it was a more substantial fix, this felt uninspiring...

TomBlue

Yes, definitely a issue with dual monitor. In my case one Full-HD and one 4K monitor. After changing MB main window to 4K the editing windows seem not open. Also after moving back main window to Full-HD it did not show up. After disconnecting the 4K monitor I was able to "recover" the edit window.

I tried the same again with main on 4K monitor, this time the edit window window opened on the Full-HD monitor, only the title was visible on the bottom. But I was able to grab the window and re-postion. After that it opened as expected on the 4K.

Seems that the flaw still exists but it's recoverable if you play along a bit.

Steven

• Administrator
would you be prepared to run a debug version so i can see what is going wrong?

MTVhike

I have been running my laptop with dual monitors, with mirroring on. No problem with disappearing windows. Yesterday, I decided to try out "extending" to multiple monitors, and there is some confusion about which monitor the image is on, sometimes different screens are on the two monitors. But it is easily diagnosed.