Author Topic: Is it posible to embed MiniLyric into MusicBee?  (Read 7078 times)

mbfan

Hi admins,
In MediaMonkey, there's a script addon that make it possible to embed MiniLyrics itself into the player itself. See screenshot below. The lyrics you see there is actually the Minilyrics window that got embeded into Mediamonkey:

Is it possible to do the same in MusicBee? Is there some kind of extension script that could do this?

Iasc

it is not possible with to do this with music bee. you can use the mini lyrics plugin to download the lyrics to a folder or embed the lyrics in the track.

ma_t14

Additionally MusicBee has built-in support for synchronized lyrics and includes its own lyrics viewer

baldor

MiniLyrics works with MusicBee, why is it not possible to just embed MiniLyrics in the lyrics MusicBee part?
That let the user the possibility to choose between the native lyrics provided by MusicBee and MiniLyrics.

And MiniLyrics provide lots of functionality... but maybe, it is not in the strategy of MusicBee to integrate paying functions.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I would love to see this happen. It's the only thing I think media monkey still has over mb.  But it will probably take someone to write a plugin.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

baldor

4 years after, I come back on this topic to know if there was a development performed to embed the MiniLyrics software inside the Lyrics section of MB?

It works fine like this, it is just a bit strange to have 2 separate windows open at the same time.

frankz

It does bring the lyrics into mb, but you still have to have minilyrics open to retrieve the lyrics.

It's a proprietary program that searches a closed system. I doubt it could be integrated further than it is (ethically).
Last Edit: October 28, 2020, 12:04:40 AM by frankz

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
It's a proprietary program that searches a closed system. I doubt it could be integrated further than it is (ethically).

Media Monkey does have way to integrate it better visually, but it's like a skin for Minilyrics that fits into an empty space in the player window.  I wasn't using MM long enough to figure out the technical details.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

frankz

When I first started using it I set it to always on top and then resized it and positioned it to match my right sidebar (where I normally have my lyrics) and it worked pretty well that way.  I think you can even set the background color to match your MB background color.  Then I stopped doing that because I decided I really didn't care that much. 

Most of the time MB pulls them into the lyrics panel right off or if it doesn't for some reason they'll be there next time I listen to the song.

stardepp

For me it works very well with minilyrics. I also use the plugin Minilyrics Helper. When I play music with MusicBee then Minilyrics is also open. If there is a lyric for the current song, I do the following steps: insert the lyric up to twice in the file

mark the song text with "no song text" ...before you insert the song text into the file.

And this is where the synchronized lyrics fit in. If that doesn't work, I have another method. I let Minilyrics search for the lyrics and copy the found lyrics into the song file:

and and I delete the MusicBee lyrics and start a new search. This is how it always works when there is a synchronized lyric in Minilyrics.

Last Edit: October 28, 2020, 08:58:37 AM by stardepp

baldor

Just realized there is a way to remove the logo from the taskbar and have it only in system tray:

stardepp

👌 Here I show you how to insert synchronized lyrics from MiniLyrics directly into MusicBee:

Please note that the lyrics must be in .lrc format.

😎🔥🎧🎺✨🎸🎹💿
Last Edit: March 14, 2021, 03:50:29 PM by stardepp