Author Topic: More and More People Moving to Online Streaming  (Read 8781 times)

sveakul

OK, turns out there is a "secret sauce" in the recipe I was unaware of at the time.  Before doing the View Page Info steps I described, you have to play the station momentarily first with the Play button--THAT apparently is what populates the Audio info, as shown below.  I assume that will also make it show up in the other method.

musicbee4dwd

OK, turns out there is a "secret sauce" in the recipe I was unaware of at the time.  Before doing the View Page Info steps I described, you have to play the station momentarily first with the Play button--THAT apparently is what populates the Audio info, as shown below.  I assume that will also make it show up in the other method.

I'm assuming that is the information is available it could be automatically imported into MB, theoretically? I'm also thinking that if their IT department sees streams going to a non web browser that is off site.  they might not like that? It sounds like "hot inking" images, and some server / devs don't allow it.

Also, what happened to Ice Cast that made it impossible to implement in MB? I could find all of teh music I needed between Ice and Shout.

frankz

I'm also thinking that if their IT department sees streams going to a non web browser that is off site.  they might not like that? It sounds like "hot inking" images, and some server / devs don't allow it.
Off what site? TuneIn is off-site from the server playing the audio.  TuneIn would have no idea you're playing a stream originating at streamguys.net outside of TuneIn.  How would they?

I'm sure,  like any other radio station, streamguys.net don't care how you listen as long as you are exposed to their advertising.

phred

• Global Moderator
OK, turns out there is a "secret sauce" in the recipe I was unaware of at the time.  Before doing the View Page Info steps I described, you have to play the station momentarily first with the Play button--THAT apparently is what populates the Audio info, as shown below.  I assume that will also make it show up in the other method.
Okay sveakul, you have redeemed yourself. :-)
I tested with your Yellowstone link and it was successful. Then tried two others, again resulting in success.
Then I tried a tough one - CBC Radio One. Years ago they had published their live stream URLs on their website. Then they moved to TuneIn. Since I use a Squeezebox, I had to plead with them repeatedly via email to give me the URLs. At first they wouldn't. Then I got one. I asked for three more and eventually got them. But now, with this method, I can extract them from TuneIn.

Great big thanks!
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

The Incredible Boom Boom

Wow, never heard this one dude. Is it applicable on google chrome?

You can use the Network tab in Developers Tools.

CTRL + SHIFT + J -> Network
Press play or wait for the stream to begin, then right-click on "live" -> Copy -> Copy link address

sveakul