Author Topic: Ripping CDs to NAS library  (Read 1352 times)

foxwelljsly

I am trying to configure CD ripping in MB so CDs are ripped directly to my music library, which is on a NAS.

However, the change folder field is greyed out and cannot be changed when 'add to library' is selected in ripping options and the library folder cannot be selected when the 'add to inbox' option is selected. So all my ripped files are currently sitting on my c drive in the 'ripped files' folder, which is not where I want them to be ripped to.

I have looked at the wiki and that offers no insight whatsoever into this issue.

I can ctrl/R to subsequently move them from ripped files using a new drive mapping rule, but this will be a time and motion nightmare with the number of CDs I have to rip.

How do I configure MB to rip CDs directly to my NAS library folder in one step?

thanks
Last Edit: December 19, 2020, 04:21:17 PM by foxwelljsly

frankz

You want the big "Settings" button at the upper right of the Rip CD dialog or the three dots to the right of "Ripped Files" on Edit->Edit Preferences->CD Ripping.  Either one of those provides the option to change the folder.

I don't know which Wiki that provided "no insight whatsoever" you were looking at, because this information is right there on the MusicBee wiki.  That should have provided at least some insight whatsoever.
Last Edit: December 19, 2020, 04:59:38 PM by frankz

foxwelljsly

You want the big "Settings" button at the upper right of the Rip CD dialog or the three dots to the right of "Ripped Files" on Edit->Edit Preferences->CD Ripping.  Either one of those provides the option to change the folder.

I don't know which Wiki that provided "no insight whatsoever" you were looking at, because this information is right there on the MusicBee wiki.  That should have provided at least some insight whatsoever.

As stated in the OP, I've already tried that, I get an error message which says 'The destination folder cannot be a folder in your library'.

This wiki makes no mention of this constraint or if it it can be circumvented, hence my posting here. Do you know if it can?

phred

• Global Moderator
The destination folder cannot be a folder in your library
What's the path to your library?
What's the path to where you want the ripped files to be?
They can't be in the same directory.
Please post a screenshot of your CD Rip settings.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

frankz

It can be a folder on your NAS at a level above your library that you automatically monitor for new files that get organized into your library. (Edit->Edit Preferences->Library...monitored folders