Author Topic: Musicbee isn't embedding Album art and I'm losing my mind  (Read 3234 times)

10z20

Musicbee is doing an excellent job of finding album art for me automatically. Problem is, it's not embedding them in the file. I have "Embed picture in the music file" checked in the preferences, for the record. I love this program but damn sometimes I think of ending it all and getting an Itunes subscription. 

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
What steps are you taking to save the artwork? How are you verifying that it has been embedded or not?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

10z20

I almost don't understand the question; the album art shows up in the pane in Musicbee, but not in VLC when I play the file on Windows, nor on my android phone when I move it over. I simply do not know how to embed the art.

Steven

• Administrator
MB won't automatically save missing artwork for the playing track - just retrieves the image. To have MB also save the picture, choose the option in Preferences/ Tags(2)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
[somehow I never submitted this and Steven put it much more succinctly]

There are several ways to save album art in MusicBee. All of them require some degree of manual input from you.  MusicBee always takes a hands-off approach until the user asks for more.

To verify whether artwork is saved in the file, go to the artwork tab of the tag editor. If there's no image, it's not saved. If there is an image and you hover over it, it will either say "embedded" or it will give you the name of the file where it's saved.

I think your problem will be solved by going to Tags(2) preferences and turning on the option to save artwork automatically. If that doesn't do it, then either I've misunderstood or there's something going on that's not with MusicBee.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

10z20

I think your problem will be solved by going to Tags(2) preferences and turning on the option to save artwork automatically. If that doesn't do it, then either I've misunderstood or there's something going on that's not with MusicBee.

YES, that is what I was looking for, damn, thank you. Thanks as well to Steven. Wonderful, easy, exactly what I needed, thanks.

IIKLYDEII

I needed this as it was driving me nuts. Hopefully this will fix it.
Edit: I just realized my issues was the artist thumbnails. This post still helped me figure it out though.
Last Edit: February 01, 2023, 03:54:28 AM by IIKLYDEII