Author Topic: cursor gets located offset to expected location  (Read 2051 times)

hiccup

In anticipation of 3.4 this may be a good time to bring this up again:

When an action is performed that evokes a new panel, the cursor is not located at the position of the most obvious candidate button to press.
In most Windows applications it is, but MusicBee always seems to position the cursor offset. (some 20 pixels above the buttons in my setup)

Is this just (bothering) me and my setup?

Steven

• Administrator
I dont understand what are asking for. I am not aware of any windows applications that move the cursor when a new panel or window is opened

hiccup

I dont understand what are asking for. I am not aware of any windows applications that move the cursor when a new panel or window is opened

MusicBee will also move the cursor when a new panel opens, but it gets located a bit above a button instead of on it.

Steven

• Administrator
I had no idea about that setting and certainly MB does nothing either way in regard to it. I can only speculate that windows is getting it wrong because MB is using a custom header bar which is about 30px. I wont be able to change the behavior

hiccup

I can only speculate that windows is getting it wrong because MB is using a custom header bar which is about 30px. I wont be able to change the behavior
It looks like some 30px indeed.
Thanks, I can put this to rest and just accept it now.

hiccup

It looks like some 30px indeed.
Thanks, I can put this to rest and just accept it now.

Yet, when opening e.g. the configuration panel it hits the mark on the 'save' button.
Perhaps it has something to do with exposing the buttons to the OS?
Same as that in MusicBee you can not use the cursor keys to navigate between buttons such as 'apply' 'save' 'close'?

frankz

+1.  I most often prefer keyboard navigation.

It is similar to this request.  Although that button is also not highlighted when the dialog comes up (like the "OK" button in the Mouse Settings example above is), at least I know that hitting "Enter" will do what I want.

Steven

• Administrator
+1.  I most often prefer keyboard navigation.

It is similar to this request.  Although that button is also not highlighted when the dialog comes up (like the "OK" button in the Mouse Settings example above is), at least I know that hitting "Enter" will do what I want.
I recently made changes to defaulting and tabbing for buttons for most of the dialogs, so if there is somewhere specific its not behaving then let me know