Author Topic: The album dropout menu remains black!  (Read 3386 times)

pitkon

I was quite happy with 3.2' s dropout menu that inherited the albums' cover colors.
However, using 3.3 I noticed ALL dropout menus are black, in every skin.
How can I get back to inherited cover colors?
Thanks so much!

Steven

• Administrator
Can you post a screenshot as I am not sure what you mean

pitkon

Thanks for replying!
I get this, under the album that's playing
https://imgur.com/undefined
But I noticed that I get double entries in ALL albums (about 40,000 of them). If I delete the first entry, which is not playing (the second is) then I get a normal layout as in here...
https://imgur.com/undefined
How can I get rid of double entries? I tried delete duplicate files, didn't work.
Thanks again!

phred

• Global Moderator
Your screenshots aren't linked to anything.
Please see the instructions on how to post a screenshot. They are just above the edit window when posting a reply.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

pitkon

Your screenshots aren't linked to anything.
Please see the instructions on how to post a screenshot. They are just above the edit window when posting a reply.
Sorry, seems there was a mixup.
This is the before picture. The album dropout being black at all times, no album thumbnail on the left

As you notice, there are duplicate files - beats me why, I did a fresh installation - in EVERY entry (more than 30,000 of them - yes, I know, I have a rather huge collection). Play starts always from the SECOND entry.
Here's what happens when I delete the first entry which is not reproduced

The dropout goes back to normal colors and the thumbnail is back.
Any idea why this happens? And what can I do to get rid of duplicate entries?
Thanks so much for your time!
Last Edit: December 13, 2020, 09:16:56 AM by pitkon

The Incredible Boom Boom

Here's what happens when I delete the first entry which is not reproduced

The dropout goes back to normal colors and the thumbnail is back.
Any idea why this happens? And what can I do to get rid of duplicate entries?

First, try doing a file rescan. Highlight all the files, right-click, then Send To-> File Rescan.

If that doesn't work, filter out duplicates from Menu -> Tools -> Manage Duplicates

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
MusicBee always uses artwork from the first file in the album, so that's why it works after you delete the other first file.

As for removing the incorrect files, I suggest you start with the "show dead file links" option under the Tools menu. If that doesn't help, try the duplicates manager.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

pitkon

Thanks!
I tried Rescan, didn't work.
I managed duplicates, I asked MB to hide duplicate files and I executed.
After that, duplicate files are NOT shown but neither are colors and thumbnails. The tracks do play, but I am back to a black dropout  and this time there are no duplicates to delete so I can not enjoy cover colors and the thumbnails anymore :(

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Open the duplicates manager, unhide the duplicates, then run it again and have it put the duplicates in a playlist. Then figure out which ones you want to keep and delete the others (or just remove them from your library, but beware they'll be scanned back in the next time you scan the folder, immediately if you have continuous monitoring set up).
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

pitkon

Open the duplicates manager, unhide the duplicates, then run it again and have it put the duplicates in a playlist. Then figure out which ones you want to keep and delete the others (or just remove them from your library, but beware they'll be scanned back in the next time you scan the folder, immediately if you have continuous monitoring set up).
I am deleting all duplicates now (about 550,000 of them). Seems to take quite some time. Will let you know how this went.

pitkon

MB is still deleting files. I think. I mean it's frozen for hours now.
Can you please tell me where MB saves information on entries? If this fails, I may have to delete this information, to make sure there will be no duplicates in the future, and start all over again.
Thanks!

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I am not surprised that it's hung up on deleting that many files at once. I hope you didn't just delete everything in the duplicates playlist?
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

pitkon

I am not surprised that it's hung up on deleting that many files at once. I hope you didn't just delete everything in the duplicates playlist?
I think I did, why? It's a duplicate, right?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
The playlist would include both/all copies of the files so you can compare them side by side. That's why I said you needed to decide which ones to keep.

I imagine you'd know by now if it removed more than you wanted, though. And they should be in the recycle bin of you did.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

pitkon

After about 8 hours my computer informed me there was something wrong (overloaded, is my guess) and shut down.
When I turned it on again, SOME entries had been fixed, some were not. I guess the process didn't finish, so I think I should start again.
Just in case I may have to delete the database manually (and scan my HD all over again) can you please tell me which file(s) I should delete by hand?
I had completely uninstalled the 3.2 build of MB (even deleting leftover Program Files folders and entries by hand later on) before installing 3.3 and scanning, but it seems that, somehow, the old database was still there, probably in another location. Where should I find it and delete it, to make sure this phenomenon won't be repeated? Thanks so much!