Author Topic: Removing saved genres and artist tags  (Read 2596 times)

zbridier

Hey guys, new to the forum. Long time user of MusicBee!

I have some accidental misspelled genre and artist tags saved in MusicBee and I'm not sure how to get rid of them. I did correct them in the files that were mispelled, but they still show up on my list of saved tags.

For example, I have "Downtemp" and "Downtempo". I currently have no files with the genre tag "Downtemp" but can't seem to get rid of the tag. How do I do this?

phred

• Global Moderator
If you're referring to seeing the incorrect ones in a drop-down auto-fill list, that typically means the misspelled ones still exist somewhere. This assumes you corrected the mistakes from within MB itself. If you corrected them outside MB make sure you rescan all the files once you reopen MB. Also, if making the changes from within MB, you should close and then reopen MB. If the typo still exists in the drop-down, you still have some to correct. You can do a custom search using the misspelled word as the criteria.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

zbridier

All of my edits (misspellings and corrections) were done within MB. I double checked to see if any files still have the "Downtemp" tag, and none of them do. Even after restarting MusicBee, the tag is still in the dropdown. Other tags that I haven't used specifically, such as "Hip Hop Music", "Pop Music", and "Alt Rock" still appear even though I've never used them. Still unsure how to get rid of these.

zbridier

Still unable to figure out how to get rid of these. Anyone have any ideas?

hiccup

The Incredible Boom Boom

All of my edits (misspellings and corrections) were done within MB. I double checked to see if any files still have the "Downtemp" tag, and none of them do. Even after restarting MusicBee, the tag is still in the dropdown. Other tags that I haven't used specifically, such as "Hip Hop Music", "Pop Music", and "Alt Rock" still appear even though I've never used them. Still unsure how to get rid of these.

What is your MB install type and version?

For the misspellings, he's basically referring to a cache of all tags ever used. I've tried looking for them too in different INI files and the MBL file, but to no avail. The other tags he hasn't used would most likely be the ones in Preferences - > Tags (2) -> Group Genres: Categorize, I think.

hiccup

For the misspellings, he's basically referring to a cache of all tags ever used. I've tried looking for them too in different INI files and the MBL file, but to no avail. The other tags he hasn't used would most likely be the ones in Preferences - > Tags (2) -> Group Genres: Categorize, I think.

For me when I have removed a specific genre tag from a song , and no other songs have it, it will not get suggested again when I start typing in the genre tag field.
(a restart of MusicBee is needed for this though)

I am pretty sure I never get suggestions coming from the 'group genres' list myself. You do?

There have been a couple of changes and improvements on this matter over the last year, so I am curious what version the OP is using.
Perhaps the genre suggestions are coming from another library, or from files in the Inbox?

The Incredible Boom Boom

For me when I have removed a specific genre tag from a song , and no other songs have it, it will not get suggested again when I start typing in the genre tag field.
(a restart of MusicBee is needed for this though)

That is the case, actually. I thought I had renamed all of a certain <Genre> tag. Should've just did a search for it initially.

I am pretty sure I never get suggestions coming from the 'group genres' list myself. You do?

Sorry, was just speculating there. That doesn't happen for me either.

zbridier

This only happens when I edit files inside a playlist, but not when I make an edit inside the music library itself.

phred

• Global Moderator
Once again:
What is your MB install type and version?
What version of MB are you using? (Help > About)
How was MB installed? (Installer, Portable, Store)

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

zbridier

phred

• Global Moderator
Try updating to 3.4.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

zbridier

phred

• Global Moderator
You can apply the 3.4 patch from my sig (be sure to follow the instructions) or you can download the full version from https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=32142.0

The patch is (and always will be) more recent that the installer.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

zbridier

Did the update. Unfortunately, the misspelled tags are still there.